TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Finishing up at bodyshop...pictures! Page: 1, 2  Next
x43x Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:33 pm

I took some quick shots of my car while we washed it. No interior yet, but that is sitting in my house and just needs to be installed. Windows and headliner getting installed tomorrow. The stance looks off, mainly because there isnt any gas in the tank.

Tram Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:36 pm

Looking Good! Stance looks OK to me. Typical to be a little high in front. Gas in the tank and your ass on the driver's seat will level it. :wink:

x43x Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:43 pm

Tram wrote: Looking Good! Stance looks OK to me. Typical to be a little high in front. Gas in the tank and your ass on the driver's seat will level it. :wink:

I hate higher in the front! Thats how it was before I started all this and it bugged the hell out of me. I may raise the rear a tad just to bring it higher.

Robbie

Gary Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:02 pm

Two words: Outstanding.

ddare Wed Oct 26, 2005 8:28 pm

I think someone on the body shop put some 8 spokes on it when you weren't looking though.

J/k :wink: I hope mine looks half that good when I'm finished : ) Way to go.

Kevin S. Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:37 pm

That is a good looking car!!! Love the color!!!!!

Notched Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:56 pm

Looks sweet! Are the 8 spokes permanent? That's the only thing that looks outta place. There are soooooo many other rims that have a better offset for a Type 3.

Don't raise the back!! Drop the front!

x43x Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:35 am

The 8-spokes rule! I do wish I had gotten a 5-lug car, but oh well. I cant go too low in the front because I like meat on my wheels, so there are potential rubbing issues. No skinny, wussy tires for me.

b-funk Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:13 am

so what's with the 43?

blankmange Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:20 am

[email protected] wrote: The 8-spokes rule! I do wish I had gotten a 5-lug car, but oh well. I cant go too low in the front because I like meat on my wheels, so there are potential rubbing issues. No skinny, wussy tires for me.

meat -- I run 195/60's on my square on stock wheels, lowered 2 notches and have NO rubbing at all....

65Swngr Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:27 pm

yeah! i put some auddi rims on mine and the back rub on any little bump :cry: i shouldent of gotten rid of my skinnys o well :wink: but love the handling

Bobnotch Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:28 pm

Looks great, 8) but how did you get the color code of my Notch, as it's only supposed to be between my painter and I. :shock:

What size tires are you running up front? My son went with 195-50-15's on the front of his with polished 8 spokes (yes updated pics are coming one of these days :roll: ) and he actually picked up some front tire to fender clearance. :D It'll still knock over a beer can and try to drag it, but he's looking at going lower now (he wants to push it (the beer can) :twisted:). I keep telling him the roads are too rough around here to go lower, but he doesn't want to hear that. :roll:

Can't wait for the finished pics. :D

x43x Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:40 am

Bobnotch wrote: Looks great, 8) but how did you get the color code of my Notch, as it's only supposed to be between my painter and I. :shock:

What size tires are you running up front? My son went with 195-50-15's on the front of his with polished 8 spokes (yes updated pics are coming one of these days :roll: ) and he actually picked up some front tire to fender clearance. :D It'll still knock over a beer can and try to drag it, but he's looking at going lower now (he wants to push it (the beer can) :twisted:). I keep telling him the roads are too rough around here to go lower, but he doesn't want to hear that. :roll:

I stole my color from a BMW :D

Tires are 185-65 front and 195-65's in the rear. My engine builder pursuaded me to get that combo, giving me the tranny performance and speedometer correctness spiel. We'll see what happens after 30,000 miles when I need new tires.

Oh, and 43 is THE number. Once you know about it...its everywhere.

Gary Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:10 am

[email protected] wrote: Bobnotch wrote: Looks great, 8) but how did you get the color code of my Notch, as it's only supposed to be between my painter and I. :shock:

I stole my color from a BMW :D

Tires are 185-65 front and 195-65's in the rear. My engine builder pursuaded me to get that combo, giving me the tranny performance and speedometer correctness spiel. We'll see what happens after 30,000 miles when I need new tires.

Oh, and 43 is THE number. Once you know about it...its everywhere.

The answer to Life, the Universe, and Everything is 42, so I can only imagein the power of the number 43. :D

veedubcrazy Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:06 am

damn good looking sqbk.

Wilson Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:41 pm

That's a hot car, thanks for the pics. Did you do any lowering or is that just her natural stance?

-Wilson 2.0 Square

73notch Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:09 am

[email protected] wrote: The 8-spokes rule! I do wish I had gotten a 5-lug car, but oh well. I cant go too low in the front because I like meat on my wheels, so there are potential rubbing issues. No skinny, wussy tires for me.

well said. people bash the 8 spokes, but they are a cheap wheel because of that. as for offsets, i dont know of any other wheel that has a more perfect of an offset as the 8 spokes, unless u are into the sunken in, body roll look...........yuck. Skinny tires are wussy hahaha.

65, when u left the meet, it sounded like it was rubbing a little, not that much though, get a socket extension, or a bat, and a heat gun, and look at the driver rear wheel, all you have to change a little is the area between 12 oclock and 2 oclock. Thats really the only area i can see your car rubbing. roll the lip in slowly.

-Ryan

DMNCLNR Fri Nov 04, 2005 12:34 am

73notch wrote: [email protected] wrote: The 8-spokes rule! I do wish I had gotten a 5-lug car, but oh well. I cant go too low in the front because I like meat on my wheels, so there are potential rubbing issues. No skinny, wussy tires for me.

well said. people bash the 8 spokes, but they are a cheap wheel because of that. as for offsets, i dont know of any other wheel that has a more perfect of an offset as the 8 spokes, unless u are into the sunken in, body roll look...........yuck. Skinny tires are wussy hahaha.

65, when u left the meet, it sounded like it was rubbing a little, not that much though, get a socket extension, or a bat, and a heat gun, and look at the driver rear wheel, all you have to change a little is the area between 12 oclock and 2 oclock. Thats really the only area i can see your car rubbing. roll the lip in slowly.

-Ryan

you only say that because you cant afford any better rims after the subaru motor. Now go give your mom her latop back!

73notch Fri Nov 04, 2005 2:18 pm

put on your A/C belt lolz
-Ryan

70fasty Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:28 pm

looks good! thats a nice color, im not much of a fan of the chrome 8 spokes but i do like the black ones, just somethin about them, thats why i bought a set, i think everyone buys them because there cheap and they'll hold off till they can afford those wheels they really want.