TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Door panels
Brian Bower Sun Nov 20, 2005 12:29 pm

I was going though old posts and saw one for door panels. A web site called [email protected] came up . Is he still around ? I can't seem to find it.
Karl

Captain Spalding Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:23 pm

Brian Bower wrote: I was going though old posts and saw one for door panels. A web site called [email protected] came up . Is he still around ? I can't seem to find it.
Karl

Here's a website. It has the email address you mentioned, and some phone numbers as well.

Brian Bower Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:10 am

Thank's
I can't get it up on yahoo , type it in and nothing. I have a web tv and can't scroll over for the full phone # .would someone please get it for me.
Thank's Karl

Bajatacoma Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:40 am

FULLY ASSEMBLED..........65.00 US DOLLARS

ORDER ONLINE AT:
[email protected] PHONE: 209-745-1727
LEAVE MESSAGE

FAX: 209-744-2349

n0limdon Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:06 pm

Believe that would be Jack GRUEN, he did have some info on the TOPICA
web.

Shaken Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:28 pm

Those panels look pretty cool, but the locks are kinda useless aren't they? I mean, if you really want what is in the door, you could always just remove it!

I also found the door locks humorous, since it's easy to just slide one of the windows out... or god forbid, slash the top.

Shaken

Captain Spalding Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:46 pm

Shaken wrote: . . . I mean, if you really want what is in the door, you could always just remove it!

I also found the door locks humorous, since it's easy to just slide one of the windows out... or god forbid, slash the top.

Just enough to keep an honest guy honest. :wink:

pjmacua Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:05 pm

Hello Karl

Did you manage to get in touch with Jack Gruen?

Jack is a nice guy. Long time ago, I made for him this (very simple) webpage:

http://www.geocities.com/pj2macua/door_pouch_cover.html

And I recieved a few days later a package with 4 free door pouch covers.

If I remember correctly, he sells them also through the Type 181 registry Gift Shop.

Regards
Pierre-J MACUA, France
www.181spirit.com

joosty_chin Mon Mar 03, 2008 7:45 am

has anyone got these? and would they recommend them?

pjmacua Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:15 pm

Even if I didn't pay to get it, I can tell you that it is a very good product.
After some years of use, there isn't any problem : the lock works well, the fiberglass didn't crack and the rubber is like new.

Regards
Pierre-J M.

mstatedog Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:12 pm

Shaken wrote: Those panels look pretty cool, but the locks are kinda useless aren't they? I mean, if you really want what is in the door, you could always just remove it!

Shaken

wonder how many kids these days could even figure out how to remove the door...?

glust Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:38 pm

kids today couldn't figure out how to remove the doors unless some texted them how to do it.... unless they had the cheat codes for door removal :)

alg Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:26 am

joosty_chin wrote: has anyone got these? and would they recommend them?
Tried ordering them a few times in 2006 and never got a response.
They never responded to emails and ordering something never panned out.

Figured they went away, or started the 'Things Unlimited' sales model.

74 Cosa Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:38 pm

I bought a pair last year. I like them. Just understand, they don't come with the fancy finishes, just primed. As for the locks, they keep stuff secure at a car show from "fast hands".