TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Type 34 Karman Ghia with 2.4 MFI Motor
Fish Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:58 pm

Opps! Wrong section. EDIT: (Thanks for moving it to the correct section Mr. Moderator)

Thought you Type 34 guys would like to see this. A Porsche friend sent me the link from another forums.

Here's the link to info and pictures.
http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread.php?s=3a...tank+front

DMNCLNR Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:40 pm

Looks like it would be Fun to drive, but all that power in a RHD could get a little tricky!
Out of all the type 34's left (2000 or so) about 300 estimated to be on the road, and i would be willing to bet that less then 50 are stock! Most of these cars are being built with big motors, and different wheels, seats... etc. Mostly because I think stock parts are hard to find, and the overall handling of the cars.

hoss Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:20 pm

demon cleaner,

you think the number is that low for the number of driving T34's left?

Notched Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:21 am

That's pretty cool. But, two things kinda look weird. It sits too high. Not saying that it needs to be slammed, but drop it a little. And Fuchs look odd on a Type 34. They're a fairly timeless wheel, but they just look wrong to me...

SquareTone Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:59 am

Notched wrote: That's pretty cool. But, two things kinda look weird. It sits too high. Not saying that it needs to be slammed, but drop it a little. And Fuchs look odd on a Type 34. They're a fairly timeless wheel, but they just look wrong to me...
I think the problem is that they make it look oddly like a 914. These cars are so much cooler than a 914.

Gary Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:25 am

SquareTone wrote: Notched wrote: That's pretty cool. But, two things kinda look weird. It sits too high. Not saying that it needs to be slammed, but drop it a little. And Fuchs look odd on a Type 34. They're a fairly timeless wheel, but they just look wrong to me...
I think the problem is that they make it look oddly like a 914. These cars are so much cooler than a 914.

Ironic as it is, the 914 is the car that replaced the Type 34 on the assembly line.

blankmange Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:28 am

Icy wrote:

Ironic as it is, the 914 is the car that replaced the Type 34 on the assembly line.

Icy = Irony...

Tram Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:36 am

Notched wrote: That's pretty cool. But, two things kinda look weird. It sits too high. Not saying that it needs to be slammed, but drop it a little. And Fuchs look odd on a Type 34. They're a fairly timeless wheel, but they just look wrong to me...

I think that dropping it will scrape that big muffler.... and those ain't cheap! :shock:

josh Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:17 pm

That's rad! Those MFI Porshe motors rock.
I think it looks really good with that stance and those wheels.
DMNCLNR wrote: Looks like it would be Fun to drive, but all that power in a RHD could get a little tricky!
Why would the power be trickier with RHD?

blankmange Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:40 pm

josh wrote: That's rad! Those MFI Porshe motors rock.
DMNCLNR wrote: Looks like it would be Fun to drive, but all that power in a RHD could get a little tricky!

I was wondering the same thing -- LHD vs RHD... granted, the perspective would be screwy until you got used to it, but it shouldn't drive any different....

DMNCLNR Tue Nov 22, 2005 2:12 pm

blankmange wrote: josh wrote: That's rad! Those MFI Porshe motors rock.

I was wondering the same thing -- LHD vs RHD... granted, the perspective would be screwy until you got used to it, but it shouldn't drive any different....

Evidently neither of you two have driven a RHD. It really does screw with your balance! It would take a LOT of getting used to.

And Hoss yes i think that the nimber of driver type 34s is that low if not lower!

b-funk Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:33 pm

except the car is in kangaroo country, so to them it's normal.

Saggas Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:21 pm

haha.. fine for all us down under :P

Fish Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:56 pm

My 911 friend says there's more room around it in the Type 34 for working on it than in the 911. I think he may be jealous......... naw. :lol:

pitslayer Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:00 pm

that is awsome. 8)

and going from rhd to lhd or lhd to rhd is wierd, all my cars are rhd, but i drove a lhd car once, and it was different, its really wierd changing gear with your right hand instead of your left, it throws you off quite a bit, i almost killed that car, kept missing gears in it and going into the wrong gear, was really wierd

Hebster52 Tue Feb 14, 2006 12:39 am

Dont you just love the Search function!! :D

I love this car!!