TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1496, 1497, 1498 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
Dave24 Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:10 am

DanM wrote: Dave24 wrote: DanM wrote: just offered ".75cents, an empty coke can and a bag of half eaten fritos."

That's what's sitting on my desk at work. You only eat half of each frito, then throw them back in the bag?... :lol:

Great, I didn't proofread it and now due to my poor grasp of the English language he probably thinks I'm a Nigerian scammer and that my offer isn't for real. Dan EVERYONE knows Nigerian scammers chew the whole frito, then spit it back into the bag... some kind of Nigerian low-cal-for-taste only custom. I think your offer will be taken seriously. :D

EverettB Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:11 am

DanM wrote: Dave24 wrote: DanM wrote: just offered ".75cents, an empty coke can and a bag of half eaten fritos."

That's what's sitting on my desk at work. You only eat half of each frito, then throw them back in the bag?... :lol:

Great, I didn't proofread it and now due to my poor grasp of the English language he probably thinks I'm a Nigerian scammer and that my offer isn't for real.

When I think half-eaten, I think chewed on a little and put back in the bag, momma bird to baby bird style.

I believe that to be less of an offer than a series of 1/2 frito chips, as those are commonly found in every bag due to production and transport damage.

Frito patina, if you will.

cru62 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Fritina.

peecee69 Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I'm not sure where to put this, but this topic seems most appropriate.

I purchased a bunch of items in a lot through the classifieds. I knew some of the items were repops, some were OE, some electrical items were working, some were not, some seals that were good and some seals that were brittle, cracked and falling apart. It's like someone finished putting their bus back together and put everything that was leftover in a box and sold it.

Two of the items I wanted were the original left and right headlight assemblies. They weren't packaged particularly good, and one of the lenses broke into a bunch of pieces.

I e-mailed the seller this morning, requesting a small amount credited back. He's not active here, and I'm not really expecting to see the credit. I'm bummed that I am short a piece, but since they're pretty cheap and easy to come by, I'm not terribly upset about it. I was just hoping to put this part of the search behind me.

Do I make a big deal about it or chalk it up as a loss?

Thomas Pedigo Thu Apr 19, 2012 12:57 pm

I don't much care for "offer" ads myself,but to pile on a seller with bogus offers is really taking it too far... :?

LittleThunder Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:01 pm

peecee69 wrote: I'm not sure where to put this, but this topic seems most appropriate.

I purchased a bunch of items in a lot through the classifieds. I knew some of the items were repops, some were OE, some electrical items were working, some were not, some seals that were good and some seals that were brittle, cracked and falling apart. It's like someone finished putting their bus back together and put everything that was leftover in a box and sold it.

Two of the items I wanted were the original left and right headlight assemblies. They weren't packaged particularly good, and one of the lenses broke into a bunch of pieces.

I e-mailed the seller this morning, requesting a small amount credited back. He's not active here, and I'm not really expecting to see the credit. I'm bummed that I am short a piece, but since they're pretty cheap and easy to come by, I'm not terribly upset about it. I was just hoping to put this part of the search behind me.

Take the loss.

bugcollections Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:44 pm

broozebrothers wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1293943

Lind wrote: my take on the whole "offer" thing is that people need to throw out all kinds of very enthusiastic offers and not follow up on them. hell, even call and make some offers over the phone.

"holy shit dear, I had some dude offer me $20k, and then some other dude offered me $24k, and there were like ten offers over $20k, but I can't get the high offer to respond, so I will try the next highest offer....."

I am not nearly bored enough to do it myself, but if any of you want to take the whining to the next level..... I think I'm gonna make an offer on his other bus :lol:

Overall, I would say that is one of the ugliest busses I have ever seen. I would offer him $50 and he can keep the bus if he will repaint it.

Dave24 Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:50 pm

Thomas Pedigo wrote: I don't much care for "offer" ads myself,but to pile on a seller with bogus offers is really taking it too far... :? Why? ... they usually don't specify REAL offers. I think Dan's offer was not only serious, but very generous as well. :?

DanM Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:53 pm

If he accepted my offer, I would flip it and relist it with a price of "ask".

olliehank47 Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:45 pm

DanM wrote: If he accepted my offer, I would flip it and relist it with a price of "ask".

LOL.

Then I'll buy it from you and relist with a price of "YTM" :wink:

EverettB Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:02 pm

Thomas Pedigo wrote: I don't much care for "offer" ads myself,but to pile on a seller with bogus offers is really taking it too far... :?

Yes, please don't do this as there are certain people that will think it is now worth that much and it makes it difficult for a real buyer to purchase the vehicle.

zuggbug Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:57 am

peecee69 wrote: I'm not sure where to put this, but this topic seems most appropriate.

Did he insure it? I had a simular situation on some rear corner glass and both pieces arrived borken. I contacted the seller, he said it was out of his hands. I am glad I requestd insurance. The Post office paid the claim.

velvetgreen Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1261597

$500 for a m-code tag?? If that is the correct price I am sitting on a mountain of gold :)

cdennisg Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:24 am

velvetgreen wrote:

$500 for a m-code tag?? If that is the correct price I am sitting on a mountain of gold :)

Any statisticians on here wanna calculate the odds of finding a matching plate for your bus?

DanM Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 am

I'd guess 0%, since the seller parted out the bus it came from. :wink:

cdennisg Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:06 am

DanM wrote: I'd guess 0%, since the seller parted out the bus it came from. :wink:

Well, that was easy. :D

EverettB Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:30 am

velvetgreen wrote:

Are you using M-code plates as a booster seat? :)

Dave24 Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:37 am

velvetgreen wrote:

$500 for a m-code tag?? If that is the correct price I am sitting on a mountain of gold :) Hmmm.... seller is in Maryland? I thought Dreamworld was in Australia.

lumber-baron Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:51 am

I bought the EMPI 3414 http://www.empius.com/vwcatalog/2011/130.html for my bus because it looked like it would fit nicely up under the bumper. What a POS! I spent about 2 hours bending the tubes to get it to line up to the engine. ](*,) Probobly should have returned it

Clara Sat Apr 21, 2012 6:42 am

EverettB wrote: velvetgreen wrote:

Are you using M-code plates as a booster seat? :)

IMO It is not a good idea to put a 'close' mcode plate on a bus; it could create confusion from the non-matching VINs on bus and plate.

I offer to reunite plates I've taken from junk buses with the no longer junk bus. Seriousy, some buses I've parted years later became viable projects. I have mailed a couple Mcode plates -free, gratis, I paid the small postage.

IMO, fair market value is circa 4 bits. Though I have seen people ask $20. Dunno if they sell at that. ????