TheSamba.com Forums
 
  View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1499, 1500, 1501 ... 1873, 1874, 1875  Next
Ellectronico Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:05 pm

buseric wrote: Ellectronico wrote: Has this one been picked over yet? Didn't see it.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1286429

maybe if it's a real walk through...


That was my concern. $20 bucks its not real

BUCIOBATISTI Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:08 pm

You guys are missing a ton of much bigger issues including the fact that it's not likely a 1956 at all. Look closely, virtually nothing is right on that Bus. If the Bus is actually a 1959 it's still full of incorrect details throughout.

hitest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm

npbusguy wrote: Most high dollar cars worth a damn sell without the general public knowing anything about them.

just thought I'd bring up some wisdom from page 1000, woohoo!

Ellectronico Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:55 am

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: You guys are missing a ton of much bigger issues including the fact that it's not likely a 1956 at all. Look closely, virtually nothing is right on that Bus. If the Bus is actually a 1959 it's still full of incorrect details throughout.

very true. The quest continues to find real 56 or 57 walk through

unclespanky Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:51 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298429

Tomasz Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:06 pm

10K first time around

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1066037

now 18K and no longer rolling :(

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1257962

EmpiGT Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:34 pm

BUCIOBATISTI wrote: You guys are missing a ton of much bigger issues including the fact that it's not likely a 1956 at all. Look closely, virtually nothing is right on that Bus. If the Bus is actually a 1959 it's still full of incorrect details throughout.

I seriously doubt this bus has any 56 bus body metal on it at all, unless it is the vin #'s... look at the overhead vent box. feb of 58 or newer, recessed around cargo door handle, 59 model year change, bumpers same 59 up. I would like to see the front tranny mount or a better pic of the front shifter location to even say it's a 59.. Also what is up with the gas flap? no lock? and the rear engine lid hanger, look how wide it is. I guess that was to fit a modified baywindow engine lid.. Oh and Thin lip doglegs....
Those are most likely the cheap brazil units..

norcalmike Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:38 pm

unclespanky wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298429

the prince of high prices

Tomasz wrote: 10K first time around

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1066037

now 18K and no longer rolling :(

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1257962

inflation is a bitch

ricekooker Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:58 pm

norcalmike wrote:
Tomasz wrote: 10K first time around

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1066037

now 18K and no longer rolling :(

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1257962

inflation is a bitch

Ain't that the truth... I bet it's already sold and the seller hasn't updated the ad.

Thomas Pedigo Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:48 am

Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624

LAGrunthaner Sun Apr 29, 2012 5:10 am

Funnest part of the ad "There is a slight bend on the left side rear but other that that they are complete and in excellent condition." A slight bend at $1,800. :shock:

Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624

bugcollections Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:16 am

Linda Grunthaner wrote: Funnest part of the ad "There is a slight bend on the left side rear but other that that they are complete and in excellent condition." A slight bend at $1,800. :shock:

Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624

What is a "bamper"?

Dave24 Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:39 am

bugcollections wrote: Linda Grunthaner wrote: Funnest part of the ad "There is a slight bend on the left side rear but other that that they are complete and in excellent condition." A slight bend at $1,800. :shock:

Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624

What is a "bamper"? A bumber with a twist?

zozo Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:51 am

Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624


Just what I'm looking for ... at 4 times the price.

campingbox Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:03 am

zozo wrote: Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624


Just what I'm looking for ... at 4 times the price.

Yes, that price is HIGH. If I had the right bus I would consider stepping up. None of my '66-'67 busses are worthy of those.

I'm not sure if anyone has priced out split bus bumpers, but you would have a hard time touching a set half that nice at $500. Then you add costs to have them straightened, blasted, bodyworked, and repainted, and you'll probably be to up $1500. They do not reproduce those, but the early reproductions are $970, plus tax. Those will be less work to paint but you still need to prep and paint them, I can't imagine getting out for much less than $1500 once they are assembled.

Yes, there is a slight ding on the left side, but you stick those on a totally mint original paint '67 westy and you would not even notice the imperfection.

twistedbug Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:30 am

Dave24 wrote: bugcollections wrote: Linda Grunthaner wrote: Funnest part of the ad "There is a slight bend on the left side rear but other that that they are complete and in excellent condition." A slight bend at $1,800. :shock:

Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624

What is a "bamper"? A bumber with a twist?

a bumper with a dave :D

zozo Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:13 am

campingbox wrote: zozo wrote: Thomas Pedigo wrote: Nice yes,but not almost 2K nice...:x
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298624


Just what I'm looking for ... at 4 times the price.

Yes, that price is HIGH. If I had the right bus I would consider stepping up. None of my '66-'67 busses are worthy of those.

I'm not sure if anyone has priced out split bus bumpers, but you would have a hard time touching a set half that nice at $500. Then you add costs to have them straightened, blasted, bodyworked, and repainted, and you'll probably be to up $1500. They do not reproduce those, but the early reproductions are $970, plus tax. Those will be less work to paint but you still need to prep and paint them, I can't imagine getting out for much less than $1500 once they are assembled.

Yes, there is a slight ding on the left side, but you stick those on a totally mint original paint '67 westy and you would not even notice the imperfection.

The front of my '65 Standard has a nicely restored OG front bumper with uprights and towel bar - BUT it's for a deluxe (no trim, just holes). The rear is also very nicely done, albeit from WW, but also deluxe without trim, just holes. I hope to someday make a trade for a less nice set, but for a standard. These are way too nice for my bus, and they look out of place. The ones referenced in the ad are too nice for my bus as well, regardless of the price.

hitest Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:02 am

I think we could argue the acceptance of quality on our buses at that price of $1800- but the fact that none of us will ever again see a 66-67 set that nice for sale in our LIFETIME makes it a high dollar value. Priced right IMO.

Thomas Pedigo Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:12 am

I purchased a VERY nice complete set of front/rear slashed bumpers with splash-pans and a pedal pan for $800 and thought that was steep.

Even though mine are slashed and NOT pointed,if I needed these and payed another grand,I would hope that someone would have kicked me square in the nuts.

crofty Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:25 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1298945

It's not a tumor!



Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group