TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1514, 1515, 1516 ... 1922, 1923, 1924  Next
Z Mon May 21, 2012 7:34 pm

This IS the 'whine' thread...

norcalmike Mon May 21, 2012 7:53 pm

Z wrote: This IS the 'whine' thread...

seriously. some people cant take a little chop busting

EmpiGT Mon May 21, 2012 7:56 pm

RobzKombi wrote: Not really a whine, more of a humorous jab to the title.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1308561

That was the first thing i thought of when i saw that ad... "mongo like candy"

slayer56 Mon May 21, 2012 8:36 pm

norcalmike wrote: Z wrote: This IS the 'whine' thread...

seriously. some people cant take a little chop busting

And sometime your chop is Busted!!

joe56vw Tue May 22, 2012 2:07 am

thom wrote: Lou V. wrote: I Don't get this hacked up truck. It did not sell @ $8500 so he hacked it more and added 10K to the price for a set of corner windows and walk tru section?
$18,500 Yea right! And No Motor :roll:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1307953

That would have been a cool truck (as far as customs go) if it wasn't for the corner windows and being slammed.

I think the corner windows are a lot better addition then the walk thru. Do you really need a walk thru in a dc?

vwuguy Tue May 22, 2012 6:36 am

it seems kinda odd that about 4 weeks after i sell my fake wolfsburg 15 window that this ones on here..It looks like a nice paint job and restoration definately lots of bondo on there to make it that straight but where are the belly pans?
I could point off all the things that are wrong with hte bus but i just can't see anyone buying this 15 for 130k if they are willing too send them my way and i'll sell them my old 15 window for 30k in similar condition..

Lou V. Tue May 22, 2012 6:46 am

Your the wrong schmuck to talk about prices!

Snoop Bob Tue May 22, 2012 7:37 am

vwuguy wrote: it seems kinda odd that about 4 weeks after i sell my fake wolfsburg 15 window that this ones on here.

Yeah...totally odd that someone is selling a restored 15w Wolfsburg on the Samba a month after you sell your "fake" one :roll:

vwuguy wrote: definately lots of bondo on there to make it that straight.

It really is a shame that you have been blessed with such shit restorations and/or purchased such shittily (yes shittily) restored "fake" buses, that it would necessitate the above statement.

IN2RUST Tue May 22, 2012 8:05 am

15 windows do not have belly pans.....

dawerks Tue May 22, 2012 8:13 am

vwuguy wrote: .It looks like a nice paint job and restoration definately lots of bondo on there to make it that straight but where are the belly pans?

15 Windows VW Buses don't have belly pans.

I actually really like that $130K 15 Window, it's gorgeous. We need to have some break out buses that 'set the apple.' It's a fun bus to look at, and looking is always free!

Dave24 Tue May 22, 2012 9:09 am

He's comparing a cherry to a dingleberry.

Mr. Unpopular Tue May 22, 2012 10:10 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1302430

Did this thing ever have anything to do with an old VW bus other than that's how they got it home from Kmart?

EverettB Tue May 22, 2012 10:58 am

Mr. Unpopular wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1302430

Did this thing ever have anything to do with an old VW bus other than that's how they got it home from Kmart?

No.

Mr. Unpopular Tue May 22, 2012 10:59 am

I thought so. It sure looks like the set I saw everywhere in the 80's.

EverettB Tue May 22, 2012 11:07 am

vwuguy wrote: it seems kinda odd that about 4 weeks after i sell my fake wolfsburg 15 window that this ones on here..It looks like a nice paint job and restoration definately lots of bondo on there to make it that straight but where are the belly pans?
I could point off all the things that are wrong with hte bus but i just can't see anyone buying this 15 for 130k if they are willing too send them my way and i'll sell them my old 15 window for 30k in similar condition..

I had a big message I was going to post involving your ads where you can see your old Bus but I decided to just post:

ROTFLMAO

UZI Tue May 22, 2012 12:12 pm

dawerks wrote: vwuguy wrote: .It looks like a nice paint job and restoration definately lots of bondo on there to make it that straight but where are the belly pans?

15 Windows VW Buses don't have belly pans.

I actually really like that $130K 15 Window, it's gorgeous. We need to have some break out buses that 'set the apple.' It's a fun bus to look at, and looking is always free!

i agree. and i don't think the end is in sight yet for top level buses. this is one. as for the color, it does kinda look like "west coast classics pink" but i am guessing it's the camera/phone the pictures were taken with. my kombi looks off on internet pictures as well. not saying either are exact matches but i know the color can distort.

that part where "vwuguy" said something about "what a coincidence" and his bus just selling was absolutely laughable.

IN2RUST Tue May 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Dave24 wrote: He's comparing a cherry to a dingleberry.

Dave, That is hilarious! :D

willieb Tue May 22, 2012 6:36 pm

I just posted on here to bitch about some way over priced stuff, hell I can't touch this high powered pissin and moanin I'm going back to getting my hands greasy.

duhbrr Tue May 22, 2012 9:17 pm

This thing is crispy!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1309389

dawerks Tue May 22, 2012 10:12 pm

Fair value in parts is about $1200 (PB, apron, seat, decklid?, emblem? some trinkets) for that single cab.