TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1921, 1922, 1923 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
dickie Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:44 pm

"oh, to be young and feel love's sweet sting". He is 23....say no more. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind bat.

ricky100610 Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:45 pm

zozo wrote: I understand his point. If I were going to buy one, and I found one that was dove blue, I'd pass. Different people, oddly enough, like different things. If I were in the market for one, he'd have my attention, and then negotiations would begin. He may have to be a bit patient, he may have to negotiate the price, but at least he's trying to meet the customer's need rather than his own. (As far as the color goes)

They're u go Man U get the picture, a lot of this people are so 1 dimensional and they swear they're work was done by German fabricated steel hands lmao, a lot of these people are just mad because
They struggle.. Thanks for the positive note

ricky100610 Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:47 pm

dickie wrote: "oh, to be young and feel love's sweet sting". He is 23....say no more. A wink is as good as a nod to a blind bat.
And who are you again? Lol

earlywesty Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:47 pm

Please end this now.

M183kombi Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:52 pm

ricky100610 wrote: M183kombi wrote: ricky100610 wrote: M183kombi wrote: ricky100610 wrote: TDIvan wrote: ricky100610 wrote: hitest wrote: ricky100610 wrote: hitest wrote: rockymountainaircooled wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1674445

Make an offer on a bus that you haven't seen as a whole- sounds reasonable!

Just the presence of multiple fuel filters tells me he is trying like hell to deshit a dirty fuel system- like a quickie "see it runs" business. That f'd and faked patina is gonna suck for the next owner with which to deal too.

actually theres a brand new gas tank installed, and I'm running filters because simply want too, thinking on adding a few more lol

Sell it as you hope- but those do not instill confidence. I'm not shabby at representing the cars I sell- but good photographs are easy and cheap. I implore you to take some pics that represent your bus, because as it stands, it is not to be trusted. You have just 5 lines of text- 20% of which are dedicated to describing parts you are including- but still don't describe your bus- only the fear of what needs replacement. No offense, but I could go on- I think you get what I'm saying.

Man! U have too much time on your hands, turn that negative low balling attitude and Trurn it into something useful, for yourself, people that are trying to bring the value down on these cars are the ones with no money, don't try to capitalize with your two lonely coins in your pocket.. Thinking on installing a filter in that mouth of yours bud, the wrong way

I think most of the people posting in this thread are those who have been into buses long before they were worth anything and either drove or still drive them. There are still alot of us, still fixing,driving and enjoying them rather than dreaming of how much money one can get for a bus before actually acquiring it. Luckily there is still a network of real bus owners who still pass parts back and forth to keep them on the road without worrying about making a quick buck.

We'll it's a new generation, time changed aslong with currency and rarity of many classes of early different type of vehicles,I'm all for the rise of value of these old cars they're scarce and they are a good finger print of automotive history, now for the people that whine about prices different options lingure for them like newer model super beetles and late bays, it's like saying let's scratch these prices off on early Porsches because back in the good ol days they were worth cashews.. Nah! Get ya money right !!! Times have changed!

Currency hasn't changed, monies not everything & multiple (upside down) fuel filters with a new fuel tank are unnecessary & it gives you the appearance of a rookie, which isn't necessarily a bad thing...some of us build 'em cuz we love 'em tho...if the price is $8k, state that in your ad...offer ads bug the shit outta most people & I doubt many would offer you more than that...if you're confident in that figure though, you don't need to come onto this thread to defend it...it always makes me chuckle to see people try to justify what they're asking, especially in the 'whines' thread...also, it's hard to believe you really give a shit whether or not they are a 'good fingerprint of automotive history' when you're obviously trying to cash in on them, now go 'get ya money, right'...

For some reason they're going to Europe. 'Money has changed,' for you billy grease hands knows it all, smelling like clove cigarettes and booze,go ahead and finish the rest of your millers and call it a day, stay focused on your own shit and stop trying to get a kick out of other peoples shit to make your miserable life's better, "dude I'm not in it for the money" get out of here with that shit" lol
( stay greasy bud lmao )

Man, you come across ignorant, laugh it up, ignorance is bliss...you don't know me, don't act like you do...& I've been offered 3x what I'm into my bus (15k), couldn't do it, but I make good enough money at my job that I don't need it...I've sold a few to the UK, but it always arrives in my bank account in US dollars, even from Belgium, I get US dollars...good luck as a salesman, maybe bein' a jerk pays off, although I've never found it has...

Take your pressure socks off old man and chill, your talking about one bus.. Lol the truth strikes dumb people as ignorance, your 46 and I'm 23 I have a lot of things not to brag but u wanted to bring it up, how about a 13,21,2,11'a,2 s/c 62 rag, bay.. Keep your sight narrow

You got the wrong guy man, I'm not 46, I'm 38 and not retired...try to keep it straight brutha...and you haven't laid down any 'truth' that I'm pickin' up...I know buses are money in my pocket, if I want it...at 23, you don't the experience to trade barbs with me, and it comes through in your ignorance and your ability to type...keep chasin' the dollar...

M183kombi Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:54 pm

buseric wrote: Please end this now.

I'll end it now, although it is reminiscent of the ol' rants & raves thread...

ricky100610 Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:01 pm

I didn't get a god damn word u said

EverettB Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:03 pm

Moderator note:
Boring. Let's move on now.

EverettB Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:06 pm

Malokin Martin wrote: L41ThreeFold wrote: I'm sure this has been brought up many times before ………

It is VERY frustrating to sift through the "for sale" ads when the same usual suspects are constantly posting WTB ads….

I searched for "23 window" in the Splits "for sale" category today and there were more "WTB" ads than actual 23 window VW's for sale!!! (33 ads total = 16 WTB, 15 For Sale, 2 Pending).

99.99% of Samba members "WTB" a 23 window!! To litter the "for sale" section with so many WTB ads seems a little sloppy and is very frustrating to buyers IMO.

"For sale" should mean FOR SALE!!

If somebody had a VW for sale, it would be very convenient to have one spot on the website to find all of the buyers WTB ads.

Just my 2 cents ……. Great website Ev ….. keep up the good work!!

As stated above by TDI, there is a funtion on the search to do this... But why isn't this the DEFAULT? I'll wager most people searching could care less about the WTB's.

I would not make this the default as it runs counter to the purposes of having WTB ads.

If you want to exclude them, do a search with whatever settings you want, bookmark it in your browser, then run that search as needed. This is what I do for various specific searches I want to run.

thom Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:16 am

What I love is when the same guy has a 'for sale' ads for the same types of car for which he has a 'WTB' ad.

L41ThreeFold wrote: It is VERY frustrating to sift through the "for sale" ads when the same usual suspects are constantly posting WTB ads….

AlteWagen Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:38 pm

I would love to see the mcode plate on this one

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1679640

I bet it is a 62 built in 61, either way NOT a $100K bus for sure

thom Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:40 pm

Starting bid $10k

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Volkswagen-Bus-Vanagon-Del...ken=cUgayN

EverettB Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:09 pm

Unless 2x4 prices have skyrocketed I'm not seeing $10K there. :)

Stocknazi Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:30 pm

Damn what a turd of a bus.

Would someone even consider paying more than 500 bucks for that pile?

kafer60 Mon Aug 18, 2014 5:42 pm

StockNazi wrote: Damn what a turd of a bus.

Would someone even consider paying more than 500 bucks for that pile?
I know its a 23 window, but damn they might have to pay someone $500.00 to take it.

117harv Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:38 pm

AlteWagen wrote: I would love to see the mcode plate on this one

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1679640

I bet it is a 62 built in 61, either way NOT a $100K bus for sure

I agree. When asking this much $$$ I would like to see many more pics before moving forward with a time to check it out in person. I never cared for light colored wheels with white walls, looks like a blob, no contrast. Also it would be more appealing with a bone stock engine, at least to me.

Here are some flaws that I can see in the few pics posted, bolts missing in the rear apron, dirty engine compartment, the vee shaped hat chanel above the engine, below the rear deck has a sag, the deck probably has alot of damage. Also grey beige spray bombed driver compartment, gas pedal, wood shifter knob? I as well as others i'm sure expect more for this kind of $$$. What other short cuts or lack of attention to details were taken?

consvws Mon Aug 18, 2014 7:44 pm

This is a really nice bus, and i'm sure they put alot of work into it. It's probably real hard to say anything negative about it in the ad when asking that kind of money, but i think they could mention that the seat pedestles were hacked & it was tubbed earlier on in it's life. Maybe it's no big deal...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1679371

EverettB Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:28 pm

consvws wrote: This is a really nice bus, and i'm sure they put alot of work into it. It's probably real hard to say anything negative about it in the ad when asking that kind of money, but i think they could mention that the seat pedestles were hacked & it was tubbed earlier on in it's life. Maybe it's no big deal...
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1679371

So it's not an original walk-thru? That seems important.

65Nsqback Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:26 am

Lol.. first off no such thing as 101%....OG paint

Then take a look at the frame rail in the (front drum/wheel well) pic ..its hack'd for the tie rod from being slammed

Then since when is undercoating and black floors "101%" "OG paint"

Cool bus but......

kafer60 Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:49 am

Don't forget the optional velour seat covers.