TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2057, 2058, 2059 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
chris henry Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:49 pm

galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me
Not to mention that when you sell your fake 23 window that you have cobbled together you are ripping someone off. I have said before. I have no problem with clones or tribute bussses ( in fact if you plan on driving one they make alot of sence with the way prices have gone these days) as long as the seller is forth coming when selling. Tell the guys at the show anything you want but when the cold hard cash is going to change hands you better have all your cards on the table

thom Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:22 am

Malokin Martin wrote: chris henry wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1818098
"Dont low ball me or kick tires" I dont see any tires to kick. lol :?

You'd figure if he painted his bus pink that he would have a more mellow demeanor

Are you kidding? Have you never heard of PMS?

tarzan271 Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:55 am

chris henry wrote: galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me
Not to mention that when you sell your fake 23 window that you have cobbled together you are ripping someone off. I have said before. I have no problem with clones or tribute bussses ( in fact if you plan on driving one they make alot of sence with the way prices have gone these days) as long as the seller is forth coming when selling. Tell the guys at the show anything you want but when the cold hard cash is going to change hands you better have all your cards on the table

I understand what you are saying, but I still do not see the difference between combining these two buses into a 23 window with a matching m-code/vin or replacing half of the metal of a 23 window with aftermarket metal. At least this one will be all German metal. To me, they are worth the same. Only a real 23 with 95%+ original metal is worth >$100k. Cutting a sunroof and windows into a 15 or 11 window bus and calling it a 23 is a whole different story. But a real 23 roof clip, vin and m-code on a 15 should be worth the same as a 23 that was missing half of it's metal due to rot and was fixed with aftermarket metal.

Stocknazi Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:18 am

[quote="tarzan271"] chris henry wrote: galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me
I understand what you are saying, but I still do not see the difference between combining these two buses into a 23 window with a matching m-code/vin or replacing half of the metal of a 23 window with aftermarket metal. At least this one will be all German metal. To me, they are worth the same. Only a real 23 with 95%+ original metal is worth >$100k. Cutting a sunroof and windows into a 15 or 11 window bus and calling it a 23 is a whole different story. But a real 23 roof clip, vin and m-code on a 15 should be worth the same as a 23 that was missing half of it's metal due to rot and was fixed with aftermarket metal. So what you are saying is the vin plate/m-code plate make the bus what it is, or was.
The 15wd with a real 23 window roof clip will still be a hacked 15wd; It does'nt make it a 23 just because it has 23 wd plates imo.
Would a real 21wd roof clip on a 13wd be a real 21wd if it has the 23wd plates and m-code?

If someone decided to fix that RUSTY pile of a 23 window bus in the ad mentioned above, and replaced 90% of the metal with new; it's still a 23wd. I guess it all depends on who is the buyer is and what they are looking for when buying a bus.

tarzan271 Wed Jul 29, 2015 10:27 am

[quote="StockNazi"] tarzan271 wrote: chris henry wrote: galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me
I understand what you are saying, but I still do not see the difference between combining these two buses into a 23 window with a matching m-code/vin or replacing half of the metal of a 23 window with aftermarket metal. At least this one will be all German metal. To me, they are worth the same. Only a real 23 with 95%+ original metal is worth >$100k. Cutting a sunroof and windows into a 15 or 11 window bus and calling it a 23 is a whole different story. But a real 23 roof clip, vin and m-code on a 15 should be worth the same as a 23 that was missing half of it's metal due to rot and was fixed with aftermarket metal. So what you are saying is the vin plate/m-code plate make the bus what it is, or was.
The 15wd with a real 23 window roof clip will still be a hacked 15wd; It does'nt make it a 23 just because it has 23 wd plates imo.
Would a real 21wd roof clip on a 13wd be a real 21wd if it has the 23wd plates and m-code?

If someone decided to fix that RUSTY pile of a 23 window bus in the ad mentioned above, and replaced 90% of the metal with new; it's still a 23wd. I guess it all depends on who is the buyer is and what they are looking for when buying a bus.

I guess it is a matter of perspective. If 90% of the metal is replaced with new, this to me is still a hacked bus since it is not OG metal so I would value it much less. But like you said, it depends on the buyer. Some people don't care either way.

chris henry Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:46 am

[quote="StockNazi"] tarzan271 wrote: chris henry wrote: galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me

I have a 60 15 window that I put a real 23 window roof clip in years ago. It's 99% OG metal. ( someone cut bigger taillights into it at one time) I do not consider it a REAl 23 winow as it didn't leave the factory as such. I often joke that it is more og 23 window than %90 of the busses out there that are built with Columbian metal. if I were ever to sell it the buyer would know exactly what they are getting. The title of the ad would read: 23 window clone...it wouldn't be hidden way down in the ad body somewhere like others on this site

Ran When Parked Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:30 pm

[quote="chris henry"] StockNazi wrote: tarzan271 wrote: chris henry wrote: galencurrington wrote: That's still alot of money for a vin and a m code if you ask me

I have a 60 15 window that I put a real 23 window roof clip in years ago. It's 99% OG metal. ( someone cut bigger taillights into it at one time) I do not consider it a REAl 23 winow as it didn't leave the factory as such. I often joke that it is more og 23 window than %90 of the busses out there that are built with Columbian metal. if I were ever to sell it the buyer would know exactly what they are getting. The title of the ad would read: 23 window clone...it wouldn't be hidden way down in the ad body somewhere like others on this site

You could make the title read: 1960 15 Window

...and way down in the ad state "real 23 window clip added", because it would be obvious in the pictures.

and a 15 window price would make it even better. This scenario is most likely the only way I will ever have a 23. Just having fun with this...

galencurrington Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:14 am

imo i think if a bus has most of it's og metal or replacement metal with nos metal the price of the bus should reflect it and if it was made up of mostly green metal than the price should be something different. not dogging the green metal just saying og metal bus should be bringing the big money not one they found in the woods and replaced 80% of the metal with new.

117harv Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:30 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1818744

Email me with your best offer? If you want the most put it on Ebay. How about some better shots of the bus and less sticker pics? Another new member just here just to use the site to make $$$

galencurrington Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:45 am

i like how someone put on here several pages back. just because you found a split doesn't mean you one the lottery lol.

Ran When Parked Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:05 pm

galencurrington wrote: i like how someone put on here several pages back. just because you found a split doesn't mean you one the lottery lol.

There is another good one that is like, "There's an ass for every seat.".

RHD Notch Thu Jul 30, 2015 2:12 pm

Is this a typo, or is the price realistic based on the rattle can Sex Pistols logo? :lol: That's like $54K+ USD :shock:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1818619

kalymnos Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:57 am

A relatively clear amount of sheet metal and paper for 3898 Euro or
4200 $
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Typenschilder-VW-T1-Samba-p...&rt=nc

BulletBus Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:19 am

RHD Notch wrote: Is this a typo, or is the price realistic based on the rattle can Sex Pistols logo? :lol: That's like $54K+ USD :shock:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1818619

This ad should read "I would like to sell my unfinished project. I would like to get what I have into it based on my time at 150 euros an hour, and materials. I know it's not a barndoor single, but it's damn close!" :lol:

EverettB Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:46 am

Crap!

Burned 1966 panel
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1820282

BulletBus Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:01 am

^^Better just call Pick n Pull. :(

Tom F. Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:14 am

Let the whining begin:

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-224915/0/1965-Volkswagen-Westfalia-Camper-Bus/4-Speed/

Stocknazi Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:22 am

Tom F. wrote: Let the whining begin:

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-224915/0/1965-Volkswagen-Westfalia-Camper-Bus/4-Speed/ Stupid money on the estimate; goofy looking blue painted roofrack.

On a postive note, the interior looks pretty nice and it's refreshing to see a motor that looks close to stock w/o a bunch of aftermarket parts and aircleaner.

srfndoc Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:43 am

Tom F. wrote: Let the whining begin:

https://www.mecum.com/lot-detail/CA0815-224915/0/1965-Volkswagen-Westfalia-Camper-Bus/4-Speed/

Agreed on the estimate and paint. It's a very early SO 42 and has the slanted jump seat which indicates that is most likely the original interior. Toss the rack and paint it the original color and you have a winner (albeit not at that price).

Then again, shiny buses sell so some drunk guy will pay too much for it as a gift to his wife (who will lose interest in it after the first month). No, I'm not jaded.

cdennisg Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:22 pm

srfndoc wrote: Tom F. wrote: Let the whining begin:

Agreed on the estimate and paint. It's a very early SO 42 and has the slanted jump seat which indicates that is most likely the original interior. Toss the rack and paint it the original color and you have a winner (albeit not at that price).

Then again, shiny buses sell so some drunk guy will pay too much for it as a gift to his wife (who will lose interest in it after the first month). No, I'm not jaded.

Agreed. It also seems that a tin top Westy should sell for a few stages less than a pop top.

It does present well, though. Looks nice in photos, and appears to have had someone with an eye for detail getting it ready to sell. Not totally correct, but nice nonetheless.