TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2091, 2092, 2093 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
olliehank47 Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Tyler 5447 wrote: olliehank47 wrote: EverettB wrote: Tyler 5447 wrote: thom wrote: ..because the VW world was crying out for yet another pulley/belt solution

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862736

You can always use it to turn a spare motor into a bandsaw. Haha
Hahaha, nice one.

Anyone know what that pipe is next to the generator?

Also, it looks like their "sample" engine has been entirely spray painted black, including the case and fuel pump and now it's flaking off.
Also there is a hole drilled in the distributor cap?
Probably not the best one to use for photos.

The pipe next to the generator looks to be the sheath that houses the bent metal shaft for the idler pulley.

That's what it looks like to me. I wonder how they are keeping enough tension through that little rod, maybe a massive spring under the intake?

Again, just a guess, but that thing that looks like a large spring with some sort of white nylon piece on it--between the fuel pump and the belt--is located at an angle that makes appear to be attached to the rod that holds the pully. I suspect that device holds/adjusts tension on the arm and pulley.

campingbox Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:59 pm

Is that belt ad a joke? It reminds me of the der fab 5" dropped spindles. I don't even think the generator pulley is bolted on in that video.

Clara Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:56 am

easy e wrote: langsmer wrote: Note the odd angle of the hacked in bullet signals. Sort of looks like a bad boob job.

Hacked in longer oval window housings... screws are in wrong spot for a bus:

AFAIK...Bullets didn't come w/round corner ('62 & up) speedo pod:

Whew... lot's of work done on that thing.

Bullets didn't come on buses with wide hatches either.
I don't know how to link that pic, but if you look from the back the bus has been widened below the beltline,
and the bumper widened,
and the rear axle is widened?
and extra lights? put on above the beltline,
and poor cargo door handle orientation.
and non VW drivetrain.

I don't think the builder of that bus cares that the turn signals aren't stock.

bubba Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:44 am

olliehank47 wrote: Tyler 5447 wrote: olliehank47 wrote: EverettB wrote: Tyler 5447 wrote: thom wrote: ..because the VW world was crying out for yet another pulley/belt solution

Hahaha, nice one.

Also, it looks like their "sample" engine has been entirely spray painted black, including the case and fuel pump and now it's flaking off.

The pipe next to the generator looks to be the sheath that houses the bent metal shaft for the idler pulley.

That's what it looks like to me. I wonder how they are keeping enough tension through that little rod, maybe a massive spring under the intake?

Again, just a guess, but that thing that looks like a large spring with some sort of white nylon piece on it--between the fuel pump and the belt--is located at an angle that makes appear to be attached to the rod that holds the pully. I suspect that device holds/adjusts tension on the arm and pulley.

What the F@@#$ is wrong with running a stock set up? I think a pulley/belt issues are so down the list of things that can go wrong..

wcfvw69 Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:01 am

bubba wrote: olliehank47 wrote: Tyler 5447 wrote: olliehank47 wrote: EverettB wrote: Tyler 5447 wrote: thom wrote: ..because the VW world was crying out for yet another pulley/belt solution

Hahaha, nice one.

What the F@@#$ is wrong with running a stock set up? I think a pulley/belt issues are so down the list of things that can go wrong..

It's just another fine example of the aftermarket selling something that isn't needed. How many products are made for VW's in shinny packing that are marketed as "better" and are simply junk. Most of the original parts VW made for these cars are STILL better than anything made today, especially something said to be a better design or better made..

5657 Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:37 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862469

"The bus is extremely rare, being originally a factory converted ambulance, still currently retaining all of its original features....This bus is probably the nearest to a rust free original splity we have ever seen and requires only one outer sill replacing. "

so taking that into consideration they are going to:

Fit a brand new full camping interior with Smev hob/sink and 12/240v fridge

Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)

AlanInMass54 Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:08 pm

5657 wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862469

"The bus is extremely rare, being originally a factory converted ambulance, still currently retaining all of its original features....This bus is probably the nearest to a rust free original splity we have ever seen and requires only one outer sill replacing. "

Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)
What kind of dumbassery is that? There are TONS of barebones Busses to choose from as is, why take a rare cool model like an ambulance and take out what makes it an ambulance??

Erik G Fri Nov 20, 2015 12:43 pm

AlanInMass54 wrote: 5657 wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862469

What kind of dumbassery is that? There are TONS of barebones Busses to choose from as is, why take a rare cool model like an ambulance and take out what makes it an ambulance??

Because fUKd

Tyler 5447 Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:20 pm

AlanInMass54 wrote: 5657 wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1862469

I agree

thom Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:53 pm

5657 wrote: Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)

Because the originals are worth more; wouldn't be the first time original parts are swapped out to be flipped separately.

tarzan271 Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:54 pm

thom wrote: 5657 wrote: Fit new chrome “safari windows” (apparently better than the original ones on it)

Because the originals are worth more; wouldn't be the first time original parts are swapped out to be flipped separately.

No, because it is the UK. They value camper over there and view all buses as camper. Hence the reason they call them "camper vans". They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

Who.Me? Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:57 am

tarzan271 wrote: They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

No generalising there then :roll:

bubba Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:09 pm

Who.Me? wrote: tarzan271 wrote: They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

Coming from a guy who hates stock height buses... :lol:

Brokenbus Sun Nov 22, 2015 6:16 pm

bubba wrote: Who.Me? wrote: tarzan271 wrote: They do not value originality and few English people want an original bus that you cannot camp in.

Coming from a guy who hates stock height buses... :lol:

And the selfie as his avatar :lol:

EeVeeWee Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:51 am

Yeah, right... :roll:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864368

jjjjack Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:44 am

I love how the ad states, "As you can see from pics this bus is used solely for weddings and therefore kept in a1 condition." then proceeds to show images taken at an entirely different kind of event....though I guess in some minds, that's debateable.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864316

That's not really a whine...is it...

Who.Me? Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:15 am

I think that's a church with a graveyard, rather than a funeral, if that's what you're getting at?

Not sure about in the states but over here a ribbon tied to the front of a car means it's part of a wedding.

jjjjack Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 am

Haha, with a field of grave markers in the background, ribbon on the front, and a side door open, it looked like hearse duty to me :-)

crofty Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:07 am

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

EverettB Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:50 am

crofty wrote: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1864386

Did Baby Jesus sleep on that thing?

I don't think so, there would be a little baby face on it