TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Official whine about Buses and parts for sale Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2193, 2194, 2195 ... 2708, 2709, 2710  Next
EeVeeWee Sat Aug 27, 2016 1:15 pm

thom wrote: dawerks wrote: Is this a joke??

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1964513

Buyer is responsible for shipping
and
Vehicle located in Brazil.

So basically he wants $29k to tell you where the bus is?

First there was the driveway flip, then the leave-it-on-the-trailer flip; now we have the leave-it-in-the-country-of-origin flip. What's next?

A here-is-a-picture-and-find-it-yourself flip. :D

Stocknazi Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:59 pm

EeVeeWee wrote: thom wrote: dawerks wrote: Is this a joke??

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1964513

Buyer is responsible for shipping
and
Vehicle located in Brazil.

So basically he wants $29k to tell you where the bus is?

First there was the driveway flip, then the leave-it-on-the-trailer flip; now we have the leave-it-in-the-country-of-origin flip. What's next?

A here-is-a-picture-and-find-it-yourself flip. :D Is this bus even worth 10K? Looks kinda goofy with the corner window and 3 side windows IMHO.

hitest Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:50 pm

There are dumber ways to fund your budding new "export/import" business I guess...

TDIvan Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:20 pm

It looks like the corner windows were added after the fact, they do not seem to be recessed as they should be.

Clara Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:12 am

TDIvan wrote: It looks like the corner windows were added after the fact, they do not seem to be recessed as they should be.
true.
anyone notice the truck in front of it?

mandraks Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:56 am

Clara wrote: TDIvan wrote: It looks like the corner windows were added after the fact, they do not seem to be recessed as they should be.
true.

yes, of course, does look like a westfalia wood wide bed

crukab Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:18 am

Clara wrote: TDIvan wrote: It looks like the corner windows were added after the fact, they do not seem to be recessed as they should be.
true.

Yepper, 1st thing I thought was--I'd rather see pics of the truck.... :lol:

oakman Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:56 am

crukab wrote: Clara wrote: TDIvan wrote: It looks like the corner windows were added after the fact, they do not seem to be recessed as they should be.
true.

Yepper, 1st thing I thought was--I'd rather see pics of the truck.... :lol:

I thought that truck was for sale here recently? I seem to remember a picture of the Westfalia tag.

Here's another wide bed SC from Brazil, although not a Westfalia but Karmann Ghia:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1925883

Hokie87 Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:56 pm

You'd think for this much money they would figure out which engine photo is correct.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965055

notchboy Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:59 pm

Hokie87 wrote: You'd think for this much money they would figure out which engine photo is correct.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1965055

Maybe it comes with two engines :P

hitest Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:12 pm

I think the engines might be before and after- they chopped what might be gas heater mounts off and poorly patched/painted the results.

The best part of the ad: "Pictures speak from themselves"

easy e Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:44 pm

^^ ... that is a good one :)

My personal favorite is the straight-run of the vac advance lines... but maybe buyer will get the Puma shroud(s) to make up for the soon-to-be-bad vac advance can(s).
I guess they're not too keen on air cleaners? Nothing says RUN! like an engine pic w/o an air cleaner. :?

cdennisg Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:17 pm

Why do guys suppose there is a relay mounted to the decklid?

Who.Me? Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:34 am

cdennisg wrote: Why do guys suppose there is a relay mounted to the decklid?

For their centre brake light 'solution'/hack.

The engine lid is incorrect. It shows a centre brake light lens on the outside, but no cutout in the inner frame to take the reflector. Looks like they've cut a circular hole to take something like an H4 type bulb (probably to make up for the absence of a reflector). H4s need a relay.

I did something similar to make up a reversing light from an empty Bosch housing. Found a front foglight kit in the clearance bin at the local autofactor where the whole lamp fits inside my housing. Nice and bright. I had to rig a relay in to the circuit to handle the H4 bulb though.

Who.Me? Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:37 am

hitest wrote: I think the engines might be before and after- they chopped what might be gas heater mounts off and poorly patched/painted the results.

The best part of the ad: "Pictures speak from themselves"

Looks more like they replaced the twin-carb manifold for a single carb unit, fitted proper rear tinware, reinstated heat risers and sprayed the pulleys black?

I'm guessing the single carb is the 'after'. Wouldn't make sense to replace the pulleys with identical unpainted ones, if it was the 'before' picture.

Moosehead3333 Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:44 am

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/woodstock-on/v...nFlag=true

seems like a deal to me

Wexford Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:16 am

Pricing all over the place as ever on buses it seems...some bargains, some never-sell-same-old-suspects, some silly shocker prices (esp. from the UK)....

doesn't seem to be much middle-ground sanity...? Or was it always like this? Time of year?
Back in the real world...prices are dropping?

Erik G Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:21 am

Wexford wrote: prices are dropping?

for junk - yes

for nice stuff original stuff? I doubt it

Enkiel Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:33 am

Erik G wrote: Wexford wrote: prices are dropping?

for junk - yes

for nice stuff original stuff? I doubt it couldnt it simply be more that the quality level of junk dropped?

I mean, junk that is for sale now, would have been crushed 10+ years ago, so of course, there's a price drop on the bottom level.

EverettB Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:40 am

Wexford wrote: Pricing all over the place as ever on buses it seems...some bargains, some never-sell-same-old-suspects, some silly shocker prices (esp. from the UK)....

doesn't seem to be much middle-ground sanity...? Or was it always like this? Time of year?
Back in the real world...prices are dropping?

Seems the same spread as you described above from what I have seen lately.

I can't speak to any actual recent sales of high-end Buses to say if they seemed cheaper than they would have been in the past.

My guess would be No as I recently saw a nice project 23-Window with 95% of the original parts included and I thought the "project" price was pretty high. It was a very clean and original Bus though. Comments from others seemed to indicate otherwise - they thought it was cheap.