TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: German running boards
Juan Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:34 pm

Hey! Long time. So... does anyone here have the website for those people who make or sell german running boards? Thanks for the help.

Juan.

keifernet Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:46 pm

www.westcoastmetric.com

www.oeveedub.com

Glenn Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:22 pm

www.oeveedub.com has a nice product.

glutamodo Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:42 pm

wolfsburg west also has these, in a lot of different combinations of color of the rubber mat, and width of the chrome trim, or just plain metal. I bought the sand beige boards on my 62 from them, but without the chrome installed, I installed it myself as my old ones were OK. Unfortunately they seem to be out of stock on many of these at any given time.

I wonder if this 1.2mm thick steel is any better than what was used on the old "PM" brand german running boards that used to be sold. I put a set of those on in the early 90's and 10 years later they were rusted out.

-Andy

Juan Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:49 am

Thanks for the responses... now, besides the thickness and quality of these, how's the fitting? one problem with the mexican ones is that the holes are lined up really crappy and they are hard to install. how about these? anyone have them?

keifernet Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:34 am

Juan wrote: Thanks for the responses... now, besides the thickness and quality of these, how's the fitting? one problem with the mexican ones is that the holes are lined up really crappy and they are hard to install. how about these? anyone have them?

I have used the most expensive ones WCM sells for many years now... they fit great are considerably heavier than any others I have used and they hold up well... I do undercoat the bottom of them before install.

sc58vw Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:19 am

Glenn wrote: www.oeveedub.com has a nice product.

I just got done installing a pair of these and was very happy with the fit and finish of the product.