TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1960 Wheel Colors
Nicole Brenna Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:49 pm

I have a 1960 jade green bug...original paint... the wheels are no longer painted the correct color. I know that they are suppose to be pearl white and swamp green. I am looking for someone that has a 1960 with the wheels painted the correct color or at least a paint sample. If it is a paint sample please show me an example of how it should be painted... even if it is of other colors...

I have looked all over for this info... I would appreciate any help...
Thanks

KantDriveFast Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:06 pm

Just like this, with the outer portion of the wheel done in your correct green. Hope this helps?

Nicole Brenna Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:30 pm

I need a sample of swamp green paint... If anyone has it that would be great

crazyman_stanley Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:55 pm

Um. I've never heard of or seen swamp green.... But check here: http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/paintcodestype1.php
Scroll to the bottom and it has all the VW paint chips. You might also want to try asking in the paint and body forum

hootowls Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:57 pm

Swamp Green is paint code L442 according to the 1960 color charts at wolfsburgwest.com. Nothing came up for that at glasurit.com though. I'm having a similar issue with Moss Green for my rims.

Scott

Nicole Brenna Wed Jan 25, 2006 7:01 pm

I there must be a paint sample out there somewhere...All I need is pics of someones 1960 original jade green bug...