TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My 73 sqaure
City_Masher Sun Feb 05, 2006 2:49 am

I forot to properly introduce myself.

What's up. I drove WCVW for a long time. All GTI's. My last project was near completed when it was stolen, wrecked and stripped. The fuckers even took the stearing wheel! :?

So I came into some money and I got a 73 square for 500 dollars.

I paid the guy (Bigfoot) for some mag wheels and bumpers and a new windshield. I still don't have those and I don't think that I will ever see them... but that's not the point.

The point is that I am a PROUD owner of "Sarah" a 73 T3 square.

Here are the pics:

Nice Straight Body. She has a few dings that I'll take care of when I get a new spray. - Probably a two tone.

Missing some pretty imortant items here. I neew the OG clean air intakes and the rest of the tin. Soon I'll get them. I already measureed and engeneered a new carb linkage for the one on the left. I sinced the carbs as well as possible. I need to get some money and get her professionally tuned.

dogamatic with no accelorator pedal... but who needs a pedal?? The rust needs to go - there's a thread here (recent) that talks about what I'll do. Thanks for the advice 6T5 square!!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154830

All going to be re-done.

I can not wait for spring or summer to get here! DO you see all that dirt and mold and moss?! Sarah is a dirty grrl

West coast meteric is going to love me.

Thanks ya'll. I have big plans for her. A lot of resto and customization.

Cheerz!!

blankmange Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:20 am

welcome to the samba; I think I remember you from that 'other' website...

believe me, you will find more info on your square here than anywhere else...

SCOTTIE BEE Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:50 am

congrats. your front floorboards and kick panels look just like mine. same color and all!
cant wait to see updates.