TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bumpers
notchback Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:16 pm

Look Tram, someone finally went the other way!

From this classified ad:

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=274439

blankmange Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:13 am

you knew it was going to happen.... someday...

Mr. Bubblehead Tue Feb 07, 2006 6:51 am

*sigh*....dammit.

FASTBACKDON Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:08 pm

hmmm some peoples children

localboy Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:25 pm

Oh, the humanity...

Tram Wed Feb 08, 2006 12:42 pm

It still beats Nerf bars.... but not by much. Amazing that somebody went to all that trouble to bolt on rusty pieces of crap.

FASTBACKDON Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:22 pm

Tram wrote: It still beats Nerf bars.... but not by much. Amazing that somebody went to all that trouble to bolt on rusty pieces of crap. no shit Tram wow talk about putting salt on the wound

Notched Wed Feb 08, 2006 4:14 pm

I'm digging the seats:

Anyone know what's up with these? They look like lowbacks with aftermarket head rests. I wonder if they're on the factory rails?

localboy Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:05 pm

WARNING: thread hijack...

I got a ? about the seat back releases in the above pic. Both my '65s have the release mechanisms under the seat but don't have the knob assembly on the seat side. One set of lowbacks for my black Notch appear to be OG upholsty, albeit in tattered condition, and still no knobs. Normal or abbie-normal. :?: Any particular years? If they shouldn't have 'em, how/what is attached to open the latch so the seat backs are released?

GjMan Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:24 pm

My 67 has the early style release cables (hooked to the door jamb) for the seat backs. I've heard that some late 67s had lo-backs w/release knob on seat back, but never seen 'em.

Back on topic: I admit I once put very nice late bumpers on a 68 SB, but back then I didn't know any better--no decent correct bumpers locally, and no Samba Classifieds to help me find them elsewhere. Didn't look that bad, Tram! Really.

60DoubleTurd Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:43 pm

Those look like they are out of an early Rabbit.