TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: neeeed help. striped the axle hub on my 72 square
karfer67 Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:48 pm

damn it will i ever catch a break? i was getting off an off ramp got to the top and had to stop for traffic. when i let the clutch out i heard this horrable grinding sound and the car started to roll backwards. so i backed off and tried it again wanting to get over the over pass and still nothing but no more grinding. had it towed back removed the wheel and there were metal shavings everywhere. removed the drum (late square with the 2 peice drum) and found that the axle nut had loosend up causing the splines to slip back and forth till is striped. the part i need is the axle hub that the wheel studs attach to. does anyone have one? thanks

Tram Thu Feb 09, 2006 4:47 pm

karfer67 wrote: damn it will i ever catch a break? i was getting off an off ramp got to the top and had to stop for traffic. when i let the clutch out i heard this horrable grinding sound and the car started to roll backwards. so i backed off and tried it again wanting to get over the over pass and still nothing but no more grinding. had it towed back removed the wheel and there were metal shavings everywhere. removed the drum (late square with the 2 peice drum) and found that the axle nut had loosend up causing the splines to slip back and forth till is striped. the part i need is the axle hub that the wheel studs attach to. does anyone have one? thanks

Yep. PM me with your mailing info.