TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Just got my first glass buggy!! Page: 1, 2  Next
bugdust Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:52 pm

I got this today.

Yellermanx Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:57 pm

Cool, another Florida buggy. Are you aware of the Ocala buggy get together in March? The more the merrier.

bugdust Sat Feb 25, 2006 8:59 pm

Yeah, I'm not too far from UncleBob. I don't think I'll have this one on the road in time for the March gathering.

bugdust Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:03 pm

More pics here http://photobucket.com/albums/v234/bugdust69/buggies/

90volts Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:03 pm

nice buggy. it looks in pretty good shape. how much do you need to do to it? nice style.

bugdust Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:06 pm

90volts wrote: nice buggy. it looks in pretty good shape. how much do you need to do to it? nice style.

It needs the usual, some wiring sorted, the brakes done, and to get it running.

seabeebuggy Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:55 pm

Run! Run fast ! sell it. don't drive it... if you do you will love it and it will eat at your wallet day and night. cool buggy.

plasticman1432 Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:05 pm

I'm diggin' it; normally, I don't like phony grille shapes in buggy noses, but that one has a nice shape. 8)

UncleBob Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:06 am

Anyone know what it is? I haven't a clue. It's a real nice buggy though, pretty thick. The body doesn't appear to have any damage at all.

Charlie, theres a whole MONTH left until the March meet. You can get that buggy going before then, I'm sure!

lostinbaja Sun Feb 26, 2006 7:37 am

I really like the early to mid-60's Indy Car nose.
Have fun and enjoy it.
Jerry...

seabeebuggy Sun Feb 26, 2006 8:31 am

Get some stainless steel teeth/ fangs made as an insert for the grill area. that would look cool. I like the body style. i have see it many times but have no idea the name....

miller2706 Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:44 am

Do you mind if I ask how much you had to pay for it?

colodunebug Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:52 am

Nice bug, I got mine a year ago and im still getting it yo gather.

bugdust Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:12 pm

I just bought that purple Spatz body (from the classifieds) for my other shortened pan today :D

UncleBob Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:40 pm

Dang. You've been a buggy owner for not even 48 hours and already have another. :lol:

Does the Spatz fit the shortened chassis you picked up?

bugdust Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:20 pm

Mike and I sat it on there in the dark but yes, it seems to fit. I'll check it out tomorrow hopefully. I have a busy week ahead (was off today) so I'm not sure when I'll have time to play with the buggies. I may want those seats you have.

Yellermanx Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:20 pm

I have that problem also. I want every buggy I see. I can tell you from experience that that is not the way to get one finished. I tried to buy another one last week. Have no use in the world for it and I don't even have mine finished. Gotta luv em.

bugdust Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:23 pm

Yellermanx wrote: I have that problem also. I want every buggy I see. I can tell you from experience that that is not the way to get one finished. I tried to buy another one last week. Have no use in the world for it and I don't even have mine finished. Gotta luv em.

I hope I don't have that problem. I think the yellow one will be for the Mrs. and the spatz is for me.

WuZaBuG Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:53 am

Yellermanx wrote: I have that problem also. I want every buggy I see. I can tell you from experience that that is not the way to get one finished. I tried to buy another one last week. Have no use in the world for it and I don't even have mine finished. Gotta luv em.

I have the same problem. I started with one. Now I have 3. the first one is finished though. I cant pass up a buggy, bus, ghia or bug. I just cant...
I picked up a '68 bug last week. Its parked next to my '70 Ghia which is parked next to my 78 bus... None of these cars run. My shop is full of buggy parts....HELP :roll:
I have no idea what I'm going to do with all these cars.

UncleBob Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:08 am

Charlie, You're welcome to the seats if you need 'em. I also have a pair of new slider/slider brackets..

If you need some wheels and/or tires, let me know. I need to get rid of some rubber..