TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: air horns anyone ...............
my61rag Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:29 pm

hey, just got this kit for dual trumpet air horns for "My61Rag." I am trying to figure out someplace to mount them. I am concerned with the location i have picked out (see picture) for fear water would get in them during rainy season. If you guys have any pics of airhorns on bugs, or suggestions on where i should mount mine, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replys.

-shaun

sixfootdan Thu Mar 09, 2006 8:52 pm

Perhaps you could mount them more on a 90 degree and tilted donw to keep water out? Hell, Just mount them on the roof! :lol:

bug_me Thu Mar 09, 2006 9:21 pm

You could mount one on each side somewhere under the bonnet. Thats what I'm doing with my bad-ass Bosch horns from some military vehicle.

Herby Thu Mar 09, 2006 10:08 pm

I have my "ooga" sounding horn under the hood, next to the speedometer...I'll take pictures if I can

my61rag Thu Mar 09, 2006 11:12 pm

Doesn't the horn sound muffled with no way to get out that way? What is the db rating on your ooga horn?

jhicken Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:36 pm

Dtop messing with the stupid horns and fix the rust....

-jeffrey

my61rag Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:59 pm

yeah yeah, i know i have some rust issues, but i am taking care of them. :roll:

Slowlow Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:29 pm

Actually Ive got the same horn in my car... I just threw it under the hood and its still loud as hell!

jhicken Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:13 am

They will work better outside than under the hood. The stock location isn't bad, just make sure you tilt them down.

-jeffrey

67 Florida Deluxe Sat Mar 11, 2006 2:36 pm

Have you thought about the right side under the fender behind the blank horn grille? You could take the blank plate out and keep the grille. Man that would be loud! :shock:

there is some jackass around gainesville with an f'ing locomotive horn on a truck. That's a bit much :roll:

Slowlow Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:07 pm

jhicken wrote: They will work better outside than under the hood. The stock location isn't bad, just make sure you tilt them down.

-jeffrey

I was just too damn lazy.... and I didnt have enough airhose! :lol: