TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Picture of a wiper motor needed.
JT-imports Tue Mar 14, 2006 11:45 pm

Ok I know it sounds a little weird, and I have checked everywhere. I just need a picture of the wiper motor from the top, so I can see the internals. I have 1 wire thats not connected and the wiper motor I took out of my bug is like new so i assume thats why it makes noise but doesnt move.

My bug is a 1966, but the wiper motor is a SWF 12V. Thanks for any help.

KantDriveFast Wed Mar 15, 2006 6:18 pm

If its "making noise" like a vibration? It should still move. Spray the shafts with some PB Blaster they should break loose.

Banzai KG Wed Mar 15, 2006 10:13 pm

Found this pdf of the 12v windshield wiper system:
http://www.type-14.com/Fiche/5%20-%20Windshield%20Wipers.pdf

Still looking for a photo of the internals of the wiper motor...

JT-imports Thu Mar 16, 2006 12:34 am

KantDriveFast wrote: If its "making noise" like a vibration? It should still move. Spray the shafts with some PB Blaster they should break loose.

No tell you the truth, I didnt check it yet. Flat4 had it down there and I asked them to look over the electronics too and thats what they said (it makes noise but doesnt move). When they said $700 (with parts) I laughed and said no thanks i will do it myself, so I got home opened it up and there a wire sits not connected.

Im currently waiting for my GELL CELL from Airkewld right now(no battery in right now), plus the car just went back to the body shop, but I wanted to do some research before I have to do other shite when it comes back.

I currently have the shafts on order and the mechanism getting blasted so I can get it all together and when the car gets here install it.

Banzai KG wrote: Found this pdf of the 12v windshield wiper system:
http://www.type-14.com/Fiche/5%20-%20Windshield%20Wipers.pdf

Still looking for a photo of the internals of the wiper motor...
that would be some good sticky info if its not already up there. Thanks for looking into it man, im surprised someone doesnt have one of these motors uninstalled right now.

JT-imports Thu Mar 16, 2006 3:17 am

Ok maybe if I post a pic, someone will have more info. Here is the pic. The "BLUE" is the wire just laying in there and "RED" is where I think it might go, any inputs?

JT-imports Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:14 pm

Anyone?

Downtown Brown Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:12 pm

I don't recognize that back, hopefully someone else will, the SWF 6/12 volt motors I have have 3 push on connections off the side seems like I've also added another wire for a better ground here's a picture hope it helps Lloyd

JT-imports Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:32 pm

Downtown Brown---thanks man. I have that motor laying around too, but its the 1 speed motor correct? I believe I have the 2 speed, my car is coming back from Flat4 tomorrow, so i guess I will do some trial and error after my gell cell from airkewld comes in. I was just hoping to have it all ready to go, but oh well I guess no pics.

thanks though man.

JT

Airkewld Mon Mar 20, 2006 5:17 pm

I SENT IT PRIORITY MAIL TODAY SO YOU SHOULD SEE IT SOON! Let me know!

Downtown Brown Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:21 pm

[quote="JT-imports"]Downtown Brown---thanks man. I have that motor laying around too, but its the 1 speed motor correct? I believe I have the 2 speed, my car is coming back from Flat4 tomorrow, so i guess I will do some trial and error after my gell cell from airkewld comes in. I was just hoping to have it all ready to go, but oh well I guess no pics.

thanks though man. OH I know what you mean I need to work on my macro picture taking .

Downtown Brown Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:09 pm

side view

Downtown Brown Mon Mar 20, 2006 8:47 pm

Top view (found the right box this one's NOT in a vehicle)

JT-imports Wed Mar 22, 2006 5:08 pm

Downtown Brown----Thanks you are the man. It goes where I thought it did, now to get it to stay HAHA thanks again man I didnt want to connect it wrong and zap myself or short out the motor.

Airkewld---Pete, pleasure as always. I cant wait to get my wheels on too, no rush. Once the battery goes in its time to play motor games. Then brake kit, air sus, and I might pick up some mirrors soon. DAMN I love your stuff, hope you come up with some more ideas for me to mod my bug with.