TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 573, 574, 575 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
2true Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:23 am

dawerks wrote: 1957 Panel that I just picked up. Took a bit of skill to get it on the trailer and out of it's hiding spot. Mostly original paint (nose and corner are not), not much rust except rockers.

I love the doglegs :)

Drivers side floor.

Nice Bus!

Braukuche Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:29 am

UZI wrote: i'm off to pick up another one of my score tomorrow. don't expect pictures, this one is a bay window (can't believe i just typed that)

I can't get myself to buy fat chicks, even to flip.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Apr 24, 2012 11:41 am

UZI wrote: i'm off to pick up another one of my score tomorrow. don't expect pictures, this one is a bay window (can't believe i just typed that)

It's alright Gibbs, evrybody else is doing it, so can you
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433962&highlight=

Dave24 Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 pm

Nice!!!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=5998669#5998669

crukab Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm looking foward to hearing the info on this one !! Yet another 13 window from the Great White North, NICE find !

obus Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:01 pm

definitely a "blend in the lower paint" special. Love it!

UZI Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:24 pm

Braukuche wrote:
I can't get myself to buy fat chicks, even to flip.

i used to same the same thing but i had to buy them all to get the splits and i ain't keeping them. i am in fact trying to get them to the port and out of the country as fast as i can.

mannys66 wrote:
It's alright Gibbs, evrybody else is doing it, so can you
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=433962&highlight=

there is a baywindow forum on this site? :shock:

cdennisg Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:52 pm

UZI wrote:

Yes, and we're here to help.

kjbtsi Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:10 pm

I can't understand the animosity towards baywindows, like they are the plague or something. :roll:

obus Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:14 pm

i can smell the foot stank permeating through my monitor! :wink:

dawerks Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:23 pm

Once you go fat, you never go back.

... I'm resisting the temptation just incase it's really true! Also thanks for all the kind words on the 57 Panel find. It's a March/April transition so it had me confused for a bit. It also had a 'dealer' locator book in it that I have never seen in my life before.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

UZI wrote:

You know the kind of buzz you would create if you were to post your finds in the bay window bus find thread?, People there would remember what they were doing to the minute for generations to come, the day the great Gibbs Connors posted in their thread.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:24 pm

cdennisg wrote:

Corey you look ridiculous in that picture and so does your bus and your nasty ass tie dies too.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:27 pm

kjbtsi wrote: I can't understand the animosity towards baywindows, like they are the plague or something. :roll:

As for you Mister, just take a look at the picture of Corey and his nasty ass low light fat chick and tell me why anyone would wanna be a part of that?

cdennisg Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:44 pm

mannys66 wrote:

Corey you look ridiculous in that picture and so does your bus and your nasty ass tie dies too.

Though I am currently unshaven, I do not own any tye dye, and my bay window is much nicer than that.

That's an old picture of me before I found the light.

cdennisg Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:46 pm

kjbtsi wrote: I can't understand the animosity towards baywindows, like they are the plague or something. :roll:

For me at least, it's all in fun. I proudly drive my bay. In fact, I loaded it to the gills with tools today and went out to burn up slash piles and rebuild a failing deck at my Mother-in-law's lake cabin. Used the bay jack to lift the deck. Worked perfectly with my cordless drill.

BlastMasterMannyFresh Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:48 pm

cdennisg wrote: mannys66 wrote:

Though I am currently unshaven, I do not own any tye dye, and my bay window is much nicer than that.

wait a minute, is that really you in the picture? :shock:

cdennisg Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 pm

mannys66 wrote: cdennisg wrote: mannys66 wrote:

wait a minute, is that really you in the picture? :shock:

:wink: :D Though my life has had many stages, gladly, that was not one of them.

kjbtsi Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:56 pm

mannys66 wrote: kjbtsi wrote: I can't understand the animosity towards baywindows, like they are the plague or something. :roll:

As for you Mister, just take a look at the picture of Corey and his nasty ass low light fat chick and tell me why anyone would wanna be a part of that?
Oh sorry, I forgot that bays are the only vws that dirty hippies championed across the US :roll: (oh wait it was primarily the split buses).

And to the once you go fat comment, it was reversed for me. Started in a bay and now have both.

I love all ac vws, I am an equal opportunity vw enthusiast. :D

motofly196 Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:01 pm

Corey, just so the samba crew can get an idea of what a nut you are, you outta post that pic on your corded cell phone (think it was in a split though). Corey's a funny guy...but I've NEVER seen him in tye dye!!!