TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
bally Sat Oct 01, 2016 3:47 pm

ingenbremser wrote: yesterday :)

I love a crazy project and I love crew cabs so this one REALLY floats my boat - what are your plans for it? I'd love to see a resto thread :)

Cheers,

Dave

wcfvw69 Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:22 pm

bally wrote: ingenbremser wrote: yesterday :)

I love a crazy project and I love crew cabs so this one REALLY floats my boat - what are your plans for it? I'd love to see a resto thread :)

Cheers,

Dave

I'd also love to see more pictures and hear more of the story about this bus. It appears to be pretty original?

kompressorgolf Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:42 pm

Lost my treasure today, put in about 10 years of talks and coffee's with an older gentleman here in Bozeman MT. Still unsure if he passed away, but our conversation piece has gone missing and his property is being cleaned up. Had a 64? 11 window and im guessing, an early 60's beetle. Both are gone, and can only hope one of you fine fellas got it to a better place. Bus had a great past, traveled the SW where he sold purple snake skin boots out of it. He parked it running and driving in 1973 while he waited for a "clean energy" to bring it out of hibernation. Would love to see where it went!

Long-roofs Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:15 pm

kompressorgolf wrote: Lost my treasure today, put in about 10 years of talks and coffee's with an older gentleman here in Bozeman MT. Still unsure if he passed away, but our conversation piece has gone missing and his property is being cleaned up. Had a 64? 11 window and im guessing, an early 60's beetle. Both are gone, and can only hope one of you fine fellas got it to a better place. Bus had a great past, traveled the SW where he sold purple snake skin boots out of it. He parked it running and driving in 1973 while he waited for a "clean energy" to bring it out of hibernation. Would love to see where it went!

Are these the ones? If so, probably still local....

Kyle Mock Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:53 pm

I just posted this pic earlier in another forum.I was waiting for Eric to chime in about it as i know he had also talked to the owner. Yes Bob passed away a few months ago.He was a cool guy.Wish i could have gotten to know him better.

Tim MacDonald Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:09 pm

Some of my Alberta finds and saves this summer. These are the only splits but I saved 15 this summer

Long-roofs Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Kyle Mock wrote: I just posted this pic earlier in another forum.I was waiting for Eric to chime in about it as i know he had also talked to the owner. Yes Bob passed away a few months ago.He was a cool guy.Wish i could have gotten to know him better.

Yeah Kyle, I saw the rack and figured you got it. Did not want to say it until you did. That Bus/Beetle were going to be there til he died, some folks are like that. My pics are from 2012, so been a while since I was there.

exotic plants Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:07 am

Tim MacDonald wrote: Some of my Alberta finds and saves this summer. These are the only splits but I saved 15 this summer

Nice saves Tim. Out of curiosity, what ended happening to the pressed bumper Kombi?

kompressorgolf Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:13 am

Sad to hear of Bob's passing, glad the bus got saved, it cleaned up better than i imagined!!!!

Tim MacDonald Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 am

[quote="exotic plants"] Tim MacDonald wrote: Some of my Alberta finds and saves this summer. These are the only splits but I saved 15

Nice saves Tim. Out of curiosity, what ended happening to the pressed bumper Kombi?

It's still in it's spot. Going this weekend to jack it up and see what I'm dealing with. It has no tranny or beam. There is also a 53 beetle there that I hope to be dragging home this weekend. Bus might be a spring rescue due to the fact winter is coming fast

buck Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:45 pm

60freak wrote: I pulled these out earlier this year, they both were extremely rusty and rotted. Both were cut up into pieces and used as donor buses. On the same property I found a hole in the ground literally filled with 36 hp cases and heads and misc pieces to early beetles in that hole, was really bizarre. The old guy was into old porsche and vw's, which as you see in the pics there is a '54 or so 356 pre-A and he has another one that is completely original and unmolested and complete with less than 10k miles on the odo. There is also a split beetle chassis laying out in the woods there too. The newest VW on the property is the fastback. There is a beetle on the property too which is a '59 euro with semaphores and is very rusty too. Anyways, thought I'd add to the thread. :D

NO THE PORSCHE IS NOT FOR SALE AND NO I WON'T TALK ABOUT IT!!! :twisted:

I heard the Porsche was for sale. :wink:

Lazaa Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:38 am

Not today, but last month ! Enjoy.

motofly196 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Awesome movie! I would of honestly paid to see that movie in a theater if it was an hour long!!! That is one of the best drive-outs of all time, nothing like a bus with big tires driving through the forest. Great friends you have there. Just simply awesome!

oakman Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:13 pm

Awesome!!!!!!!! =D>

wcfvw69 Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:19 pm

motofly196 wrote: Awesome movie! I would of honestly paid to see that movie in a theater if it was an hour long!!! That is one of the best drive-outs of all time, nothing like a bus with big tires driving through the forest. Great friends you have there. Just simply awesome!

X2! Simply awesomeness!

mandraks Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:30 pm

great movie, great drive out, great group of guys, great scenery, johnny cash, righteous!

robin.richard Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:54 pm

Very cool. Just what I needed to raise my spirits since my engine is currently pulled.

bally Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:53 pm

Wow Florian - amazing film, mates, drive out and rescue.

It made my day, week and potentially my year - I love this sort of stuff!

Cheers,

Dave

zuggbug Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:02 pm

Outstanding =D> =D>

Da TOW'D Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:27 pm

way to do it
cheers
Hank