TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 860, 861, 862 ... 987, 988, 989  Next
Alan Brase Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:11 pm

GLHTurbo wrote:

1:15. Someone grab it! I think they're in North Carolina.
I was liking the plane.
Al

vwchance Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:27 pm

rpattee Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:36 pm

What a nice find. Let's hear the story.

exotic plants Mon Jan 02, 2017 6:46 pm

You own the sign too?

Super score, congratulations.

cdennisg Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:08 pm

vwchance wrote:

This photo tells a story. Some house wiring, a floor squeegee, a plastic grocery bag, four golf balls, an old Lunchables container, and hard hat.

Go.

motofly196 Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm really more concerned that these logos are going to get sanded down. On the trailer pic shows an awesome logo with faded paint. A few photos down shows the door sanded back to red? Why?

vwchance Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:31 pm

motofly196 wrote: I'm really more concerned that these logos are going to get sanded down. On the trailer pic shows an awesome logo with faded paint. A few photos down shows the door sanded back to red? Why? what you see is what was just under the greyish over spray. Exposing what's left of the Pgsg and keeping the og logos is the plan.
I can't help what has been done to the bodywork of this bus in the past my friend.
I would love to hear ideas under the sign writing/logo's forum as I've posted there already.

vwchance Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:33 pm

exotic plants wrote:

You own the sign too?

Super score, congratulations. I have made an offer on the sign, a solid one! No word back.

vwchance Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:45 pm

I will have the story in the next couple of days

Alan Brase Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:52 am

vwchance wrote: I will have the story in the next couple of days
# works out to March 1958? I guess you can't claim it's a bullet bus.
Wow.
Al

bally Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:57 am

vwchance wrote: exotic plants wrote:

You own the sign too?

Super score, congratulations. I have made an offer on the sign, a solid one! No word back.
Cool sign and signwriting - my surname is Ball - I'd love it!!

Great find on the bus too - nice to get some history with it.

Cheers,

Dave

mandraks Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:07 am

vwchance wrote:

awesomeness, semaphores and no front blinkers ever! love it.

srfndoc Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:58 am

This bus deserves its own build thread.

:popcorn:

MOX Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:55 pm

left my house at 5:10am last Thursday, two hours of snow storm and the breakfast place we wanted was closed, we made it to the bus by 11:20am.
Talked for an hour, checked out the owners other bus and a very nice bug, loaded the spare bits into the 57 and winched her onto the trailer for the long ride home!
we unloaded the trailer at about 7:30 pm, more then 14 hours in one day, a long day but worth every minute!
I finally have my holy grail, bullet singnals, small back window,split panel.

mandraks Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:50 pm

just what i want. Congratulations

SamboSamba22 Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:10 pm

Killer finds gentlemen. That semaphore bus is a rough one to find. Same with that saweeet panel.

earlywesty Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:30 pm

MOX wrote: left my house at 5:10am last Thursday, two hours of snow storm and the breakfast place we wanted was closed, we made it to the bus by 11:20am.
Talked for an hour, checked out the owners other bus and a very nice bug, loaded the spare bits into the 57 and winched her onto the trailer for the long ride home!
we unloaded the trailer at about 7:30 pm, more then 14 hours in one day, a long day but worth every minute!
I finally have my holy grail, bullet singnals, small back window,split panel.

Dude, I don't think it counts if it was listed on the samba. Good to see another bus around.

MOX Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:54 pm

buseric wrote:

Dude, I don't think it counts if it was listed on the samba. Good to see another bus around.

Ya I wasn't sure, I saw a few posts of what people dragged home and got excited, now I can't seem to delete it......

motofly196 Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:21 pm

That's ok, winters are usually pretty slow in this thread. From the looks of its condition, somebody rescued it at one time. Did you get any history from the previous owner?

dawerks Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:30 pm

It's all good we'll let it slide, if you're happy that's the main part :)

Nice bus btw, bullet panel is where they all came from. The simpliest purest design.