TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 862, 863, 864 ... 987, 988, 989  Next
exotic plants Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:15 am

Skim wrote: peecee69 wrote: mandraks wrote: Skim wrote: UZI wrote: i'd let a priest touch my leg for that bus.
what if he said the taint?
Just where would you draw the line for this bus? 🙅🏽‍♂️

what if his hand slipped?

That's the risk you take for a bus like that.
Loose slips sink ships

Too funny

vwchance Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:10 pm

Shit ... Should of asked if he was a priest! Would of been easier.

SamboSamba22 Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:29 pm

What a place to follow up on this thread, slippery shit stained holy fingers.

retroel Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Not exactly today, but this past summer I had a very interesting couple weeks!
Went to get this one, Oct 54 Kombi

Somehow managed to stay super solid after sitting outside all these years

And it came with this one, Feb 55 Logo Panel

Which led to this one, Jan 55 Panel

And the same guy had this one too, 60 Panel, so picked it up as well!

Jung Restoration Sun Jan 29, 2017 2:36 pm

Best two weeks of your life right there, damn. Congrats.

LAGrunthaner Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:04 pm

retroel, glad to see you started a thread in the Barndoor forums, I bet your inbox is full 8) You now have your own fleet of Barndoors, congratulations.
Bookmarked!
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8335321&highlight=#8335321

cdennisg Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:10 pm

WOW!

obus Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:18 pm

Talk about stepping in ...... What a discovery!

EverettB Sun Jan 29, 2017 3:38 pm

Wow! That is crazy to pick up 3 Barndoors within such a short time span.

The floor on the Kombi looks really nice:

Was something bolted to the floor on the right side there?

BulletBus Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:58 am

I keep trying to think of something to say about this find, but my fingers are speechless. From no barndoors to 3! Congratulations, be sure to update the registry and holy fucking shit. :shock:

Riff Raff Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:41 am

Glad you decided to share your finds with the greater bus world buddy!
Your inbox is exploding I'm sure.
Acquiring the Garrick Kombi was a huge score in itself, but the other 2 as well (three I guess) is a stroke of good fortune on par with a lottery win.
The Garrick Kombi is one of the most solid buses I have ever seen up here, BD or split!

I'm very pleased you have them all safe in your possession!

ryans65 Mon Jan 30, 2017 8:38 am

Dear god! Just shut this thread down... HA!

retroel Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:57 pm

Thanks! Yes it is still hard to wrap my mind around what happened, was almost too easy.

Everett the plate on the kombi floor has no real purpose, there's just three bolts going through and a set of plates on the other side. Maybe for extra strength? I have no idea.

I'll update the registry for sure, the milk delivery panel would be one of the newest barndoors @ 20-117603.

Thanks Keith, you'll have to come check them out some time!

Skim Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:27 am

ryans65 wrote: Dear god! Just shut this thread down... HA!

case closed for the win.

sled Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:51 am

while I LOVE seeing these kinds of posts, I always wonder how many of these buses are really finds, or are known buses and someone finally convinces the seller or ponies up the cash.

were all three of these barndoors unknown? seems like the kombi may have been? Was the seller a VW person?

retroel Tue Jan 31, 2017 2:10 pm

I would say the kombi is the least "find" of them all, it was found in 2013 by Keith and then kind of went under the radar, and even changed provinces until 2016. I just learned today that the owner posted a few pics of it in 2015 in the gallery and a few of the panel in 2014. The only 'out of the blue-no pics-no info etc' find was the window panel and the later panel. I myself almost wouldn't consider the kombi and one panel true finds but to some degree they are as they weren't listed for sale or anything. It was the owner of them that ended up in contact with me saying I have a bus for sale, same as in the Subway restaurant the owner approached me and said I have one and I'd like to sell it. Still 'finds' but just a bit more known about? Depends on how you look at it I guess.

Tahlequah Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:58 pm

How do I follow that??????

1965 velvet walkthru missing middle seat and one rgb, huge props on the barnys!!!!!!

mandraks Tue Jan 31, 2017 8:40 pm

looks pretty sweet

SamboSamba22 Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:49 pm

Pack up your shit. To Alberta!!!

crukab Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:07 pm

Funny how the head lights were taken out. And what did they use to cut the rear wheel arches, a chainsaw ?? Nice to see a 13 deluxe get saved !!