TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 863, 864, 865 ... 988, 989, 990  Next
oldthingguy Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:20 pm

So I went to my parents today to see their new car, as we are talking my Dad tells me about this "old" guy he saw driving a totally original faded 23 window bus. I listened and said cool but we'll never see it again. We head out for a test drive and there it is, exactly as he described it, goes past us the opposite direction. By the time I can make a U turn it is gone somewhere in the neighbor hood, ugh. We searched for awhile but no luck.......
I think next week I might park my single cab in front of their house as bait - we'll see.

Riff Raff Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:45 pm

SamboSamba22 wrote: Pack up your shit. To Alberta!!!

Nothing to see here, move along now.

mr white Sun Feb 05, 2017 4:51 pm

I look forward to the day when we see for the first time a barndoor binz in this thread! I will be sending a pm of course! Great barndoor score.

Tim MacDonald Sun Feb 05, 2017 6:52 pm

Its not a bus but it is bus related and was found while I was out hunting so ill post it up. I scores 4 16" wheels and a VERY nice so23 side tent with change room but it was missing the poles. O and it was all found in Alberta

hitest Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:04 pm

Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta....

Tim MacDonald Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:20 pm

hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

LOL the land where dreams come true!

Stocknazi Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:50 pm

SamboSamba22 wrote: Pack up your shit. To Alberta!!! Is Alberta where all the rainbows end too? :lol:

Trevor P Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:10 pm

Tim MacDonald wrote: hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

Unless you currently work in the oil patch.😳😬😆
Pretty sweet finds though Tim. Stuff is still out there (all in Alberta of course.)😉

Tim MacDonald Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:14 pm

Trevor P wrote: Tim MacDonald wrote: hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

Unless you currently work in the oil patch.😳😬😆
Pretty sweet finds though Tim. Stuff is still out there (all in Alberta of course.)😉

Thanks. 2017 been good to me so far. 2 weeks ago I scored that 36 hp cut away as well

Enkiel Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:39 am

Tim MacDonald wrote: hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

or more likely ;

where people give up on live and drop their car in a field to return home.

motofly196 Mon Feb 06, 2017 12:58 pm

Enkiel wrote: Tim MacDonald wrote: hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

or more likely ;

where people give up on life and drop their car in a field to return home.
Is that the motto on their license plate? :D

Enkiel Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:09 pm

I have at least one friend that gave up on travelling across canada once he got to alberta. Bet it wasnt any more fun 40 years ago.

hitest Mon Feb 06, 2017 6:09 pm

motofly196 wrote: Enkiel wrote: Tim MacDonald wrote: hitest wrote: Alberta, Alberta. All I ever read in here is Alberta….

or more likely ;

where people give up on life and drop their car in a field to return home.
Is that the motto on their license plate? :D

"I don't leave my dead buses just anywhere, but when I do, it's in Alberta. Stay thirsty my friends."

LAGrunthaner Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:58 am

I never saw Lemmer on a VW wheel and not sure if that last letter is a number 2, please educate me.

Tim MacDonald Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:27 am

LAGrunthaner wrote: I never saw Lemmer on a VW wheel and not sure if that last letter is a number 2, please educate me.

I cant tell you anything more on them but I can tell you my April 53 beetle has the same marking

nlorntson Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:57 am

LAGrunthaner wrote: I never saw Lemmer on a VW wheel and not sure if that last letter is a number 2, please educate me.

Quite common to see on 16" split beetle wheels.

adriano Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:58 am

I think it's LEMMERZ. On this site, you could find a lot of info about this VW supplier.

mandraks Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:04 am

Lemmerz made a ton of wheels for VW, and other manufacturers, they also made the Sprintstars.

in the meantime... history happened.

Lemmerz bought Hayes, and then was bought themselves, now the largest wheel manufacturer in the world

http://www.maxionwheels.com/en/about-us/history.aspx

Abscate Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:10 pm

On a long grind home from Amtrak due to weather flight cancellations - and worked through most of this thread instead of work.

Funniest part is the guys in 2006, bitching that their rolling complete Splits price jumped from $800 to $1100...one week.

ToolBox Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:27 am

It's Lemmerz. Currently part of Maxion Wheels.