TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Today in Bus hunting history... Page: Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 987, 988, 989  Next
Braukuche Thu Apr 06, 2006 5:55 am

dieselnut wrote: Braukuche wrote: dieselnut wrote:
Anyone need anything else?.

I'm looking for the bulkhead behind the passenger seat for a walkthru. I have two walkthrus now where some meathead cut the side of the bulkhead out to fit in a wider seat.
--Dan

What year?

For a '65 and for a '66.
--Dan

KombiMonster Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:06 am

dieselnut wrote: VWAdam wrote: That mango Bus looks very interesting..........
I about shit when I saw the middle seat... :!:

IF the bus isn't saveable I'd be interested in the middle seat.....( or if you buy the bus and sell it and the new owner doesn't want the middle seat I'd be interested )

dieselnut Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:17 am

KombiMonster wrote: dieselnut wrote: VWAdam wrote: That mango Bus looks very interesting..........
I about shit when I saw the middle seat... :!:

IF the bus isn't saveable I'd be interested in the middle seat.....( or if you buy the bus and sell it and the new owner doesn't want the middle seat I'd be interested )

The bus is very saveable and I have no desire to own a standard. But again, "he's going to restore it".... :lol:

KombiMonster Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:53 am

I'd offer him money for the standard so he can restore the double door panel... :lol:

vwtony2 Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:18 pm

Quote: dieselnut Posted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:17 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KombiMonster wrote:
dieselnut wrote:
VWAdam wrote:
That mango Bus looks very interesting..........

I about shit when I saw the middle seat...

The bus is very saveable and I have no desire to own a standard. But again, "he's going to restore it"....

ahhhh don't get too worked up it's only a carmel middle seat, those seats are a dime a dozen :roll:

dieselnut Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:25 pm

You're right, it's only a middle seat. Now if that was a middle seat from a '54 westy, I'd be excited, but it's not...

I do have a plan to try and acquire the bus, via trade, we'll see if that works. If not, no biggie. There's plenty more lurking in the bush.

For those that tend to forget that not everything is for sale, read here:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=165463

dieselnut Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:16 am

Anyone need any late model split sheet metal, etc? I'm going back to this yard in a couple of days, can get what you need.

This one has a nice nose, all the doors, etc. are present. I believe it may still have a rear seat, if not, the red/white standard down below has. Bulkhead has been cut out on this one. Nose is nice, don't recall much else. Oh yea, side windows are plexiglass, to include those in door frames.

Here's a standard:

Middle seats are missing out of this and the one above of course. Between all three buses there are two complete front seats (60/40).

Here's a westy:

The interior is gone out of her. Still has the aluminum ceiling strips, the sidewall light bases (the type made out of curtain rods), the sliders, and a few other bits that escape me right now. I believe all of the rear windows are present, all (or nearly all) of the glass is broke out of them however.

There is also a dormobile top in the yard, it's missing the vent windows and the fixed ones are broke. Otherwise, it's complete w/ both cots, all hardware, etc. It's not cracked or collapsed. (It's on a corvair van.)

They're all pretty picked over inside, but I think there's still some good sheet metal. I believe all the engines are gone.

If you want something, shoot me an offer. Please do your price homework ahead of time, 2/3 of market value should be good enough, unless you really really want it and want to make sure you get it, then a bit more. You'd have to paypal me in advance of course. If it turns out the part is gone when I return later in the week, or too rusty, or the parts yard guy wants more than you're willing to pay, then I'll refund your paypal.

I wish I could recall more details, but I can't (rockers, doglegs, etc.) I was rushed...

Bart Mon Apr 10, 2006 10:59 am

I'm about to cut a bulkhead out. What's the best way to do it? I was thinking about just cutting behind the pillar down to the floor and across and then cutting in front the same way. I want to leave it intact for anyone that might need it.

dieselnut Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:51 am

I'm using a sawzall, will get as close to the b-pillars as space will allow. I believe this is the norm, unless you're talking a walkthru bulkhead, then I think the norm is to try to save everything in the front cab, from A to B pillar, sans roof. I'm sure others have a lot more experience w/ this than I do.

One other option, is to leave the forward portion (foot+) of the cargo floor attached, if it's nice, as folks needing to patch the lower portion of the bulkhead and the forward portion of their rear floor won't have the strength they need if they don't get the piece attached to the bulkhead.

Enkiel Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 am

the first two dont look too bad...

dieselnut Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:54 am

Anyone who wants to step to the plate to save them is very welcome to do so.

Yustrn Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:04 pm

I want to save a passanger side rear bumper over rider tube, just the tube don't need the upright...

Lind Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:09 pm

dieselnut wrote: Anyone who wants to step to the plate to save them is very welcome to do so.
no, they want you to save them, or they want to whine about them getting cut up, but when it comes to saving them themselves, it is nothing but excuses or silence.

Enkiel Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:28 pm

Lind wrote: dieselnut wrote: Anyone who wants to step to the plate to save them is very welcome to do so.
no, they want you to save them, or they want to whine about them getting cut up, but when it comes to saving them themselves, it is nothing but excuses or silence. how about i buy the bus, you pay for shipping, and then i'll gladly take it.

Solid bus are worth alot in the right side of the country i guess.

hell, i'm sure some british would pay a few 1000s for these 2 :P

dieselnut Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:43 pm

enkiel wrote: how about i buy the bus, you pay for shipping, and then i'll gladly take it.

Enkiel, I'll respond to your one-liners in order.

1) So you're not only tight, but stupid as well. You should do very well in life. :lol: I anxiously await reading of your next bus purchase and your attempts to get others to transport it for you for next to nothing.

2) No one from the right side of the country is filling my PM or email inbox up w/ offers.

3) No one from the UK is filling my PM or email inbox up w/ offers.

I'm sure this overwhelming amount of evidence won't prevent you from offering us further evidence of #1 above.

PS. Go shit in someone else's thread, thanks! :P

Enkiel Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:46 pm

dieselnut wrote: enkiel wrote: how about i buy the bus, you pay for shipping, and then i'll gladly take it.

1) So you're not only tight, but stupid as well. You should do very well in life. :lol: I anxiously await reading of your next bus purchase and your attempts to get others to transport it for you for next to nothing. sorry, the shipping bullshit was aimed at mister "cut everything on sight/People trying to save bus are cheap ass" Lind

dieselnut wrote: I'm sure this overwhelming amount of evidence won't prevent you from offering us further evidence of #1 above.

PS. Go shit in someone else's thread, thanks! :P i reserve the right, as a East Coaster, to whine about any half solid bus being cut up.

dieselnut Mon Apr 10, 2006 12:52 pm

Dood, there's a thread custom tailor'd for whining, this ain't it. This is where I try to give a little back, capiche? You should try it, giving something back that is. As a community, we're only as good as our weakest link on any given day.

Jung Restoration Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:12 pm

For the record, enkiel does not speak for all East Coast bus lovers.

I love people who complain about things that they are too lazy to go and do themselves. They see your salvage yard pictures, and complain when you tell them what your plans with the buses are.

Go find your own, and do what you want. Dieselnut was kind enough to offer up some stuff from his finds. And as far as free shipping, your off your rocker...

Enkiel, beggers can't be choosers!!!

Dave24 Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:16 pm

enkiel wrote: dieselnut wrote: enkiel wrote: how about i buy the bus, you pay for shipping, and then i'll gladly take it.

1) So you're not only tight, but stupid as well. You should do very well in life. :lol: I anxiously await reading of your next bus purchase and your attempts to get others to transport it for you for next to nothing. sorry, the shipping bullshit was aimed at mister "cut everything on sight/People trying to save bus are cheap ass" Lind

dieselnut wrote: I'm sure this overwhelming amount of evidence won't prevent you from offering us further evidence of #1 above.

PS. Go shit in someone else's thread, thanks! :P i reserve the right, as a East Coaster, to whine about any half solid bus being cut up. Please use the official whine about buses/parts thread. Yes, EVEN east coasters are allowed to whine in there. :wink:

I believe dieselnut is trying to HELP people save a few other buses, with the donor metal from these. Did you look at these buses?. As stated, theres not alot left except some usable metal. Perhaps you need to think of this as "organ donation" (you know, when someone dies and thier "parts" are used to save others lives). How many other "savable" buses would it take to "save" these? :? The parts have to come from somewhere, right?

Major Woody Mon Apr 10, 2006 1:29 pm

Dieselnut, try this...works great

enkiel wrote: Click to show hidden post from this member on your ignore list