TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 1969 Sears Manx Clone
SMC Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:27 am

Here is a picture from the PO's samba add. Though it looks nothing like this now since I have torn it all apart, stripped the paint and so forth..

Okay so I cant get the picture to post so go and see it in the gallery

UncleBob Tue Apr 18, 2006 9:34 am

Mr. Unpopular Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:38 am

That's a neat looking buggy. What are your plans for it? Why did you pull it apart?

And FYI, we prefer the term Sears Rascal to Manx Clone :D

buggyblues Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:12 pm

I was thinking the same thing (why did you tear it apart looks good ) of course I've seen alot of repainted buggies with the paint cracked all over.

aquamanx Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:40 pm

What happened to the surf board?
http://www.texasmanxclub.com/images/Members%20FULL/Chuck%20R.JPG

MURZI Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:43 pm

That was a super nice car for the money...if I remember right. Time for a photobucket acct!!!! WE WANT PICS!!!! WE WANT PICS!!!! WE WANT PICS!!!! :D :D :D

keep us posted of your progress. Will you have it ready for Salado?

MURZ

SMC Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:42 am

To start off with it was a project the PO and his father built about 18years ago. Paint is cracked all over, pan is rusted and cracked and I was never to keen about the color of it any way. The PO said it is not a Rascal model but a copy of the manx so whatever on that one. Still have the surf board in the garage. This thing is going to need a lot of work: new pans on both sides, fiber glass repair will be needed, every blot on this thing was rusted so bad I had to break them off or cut them. I have kind of put this project on hold and have been working on my Ford Ranchero project. Don't get me wrong I still work on it a little bit but don't focus on it as much. I am starting to think about just getting a new pan for it. Like one of those manx type pans that are for sale on the samba. I have to figure out if it will be worth saving this pan or just getting a new one. I have an account set up with the Imagehouse but just could not figure out how to get them post into the forum. Looks to be a long on going project which is fine with me since this is my first VW project. The Ford has a lot less problems and I could get it up and going a lot faster so that's where I am at.

greenmanx Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:45 am

SMC, you have a PM :D

SMC Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Thanks UncleBob for posting up for me and thanks AquaManx for the old picture

seabeebuggy Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:22 pm

How about an update?

rterfert Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:29 pm

My sears buggy is long gone.....But I might still have an instruction manual :)