TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: You gotta name for yours? Naming your Bus. Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
Trotsky Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:15 pm

DurocShark wrote: How does she look in a skin-tight Fantastic 4 costume?
;)

Man that was such a crap movie...but Jessica in her tight outfit made it all worth while...just a shame my small TV screen doesn't do her booty the justice is deserves :P

My bus us ol' yella

widowmaker70 Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:39 pm

My daughter named my 70 campmobile 'whoosh' she is only 1 1/2 and talks a little that we can understand but everytime she she's a VW bus she calls it a whoosh... even if it is on the computer or in person it is always whoosh.

~Josh

Rocky Mountain Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:42 pm

My kids have a book about an old school bus the went "bingedy bang like 1000 tin cans" as it went down the road. So when we got our '71, it had to be "Busby".

Kirwin Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:47 pm

Alte Blau (Old Blue)

Devon-Dyno-Soar118 Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:51 pm

Cali- my wife says its the only other lady allowed in my life...

pksdabombdj Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:54 pm

VW Abbzug wrote: My '71 is named Bonnie Abbzug, after the Ed Abbey character of the same name (from The Monkey Wrench Gang). Perfect fit, too... the bus is just as temperamental as her namesake! :D

great read!

mine's named "Trudy" after my great aunt Gertrude. Don't know why, it just came to me.

casey79westfalia Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:55 pm

I call my Sage Green 79 westfalia "Mantis" due to the amounts of preying mantis's that cling to it during the summer months. Bugs in general love that color.

http://www.charlesgittings.com/Bus/79%20Westfalia.html

busstuff Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:56 pm

Our 71 is called Homer,
He is yellow and big and bald......

werker Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:56 pm

I got mine on a second hand salvage. It had been sitting in a yard oxidizing the factory pain and getting dusty. I got in a discussionw with my girlfriend over what color it was..... Turns out it is savanna beige.
Here's Savanna

hambone Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:49 pm

widowmaker70 wrote: My daughter named my 70 campmobile 'whoosh' she is only 1 1/2 and talks a little that we can understand but everytime she she's a VW bus she calls it a whoosh... even if it is on the computer or in person it is always whoosh.

~Josh
Cute! My almost 2 year old daughter calls our bus "Papa's Campa", sure is adorable hearing that little voice...we go out there to play during cold rainy days. Sure am looking forward to going camping with the family again.

wanderglobe Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:51 pm

Quote: I call my Sage Green 79 westfalia "Mantis" due to the amounts of preying mantis's that cling to it during the summer months. Bugs in general love that color.

I took a look at your website and your bus....WOW! Did you replace the seats in your as well. The PO had replced mine with seats from a 2000 Mazda. I know some will shudder at the thought but those seats sure are comfy on the long haul.

I've since covered the seats in black with flames. Looks kind of funky.

45jim Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:20 pm

It fit! Besides I like listeneing to the song in my garage trying to find out how to make it run.

exvwmd Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:31 pm

My sweethearts name is Mary Jane Muggles :)

lastubbe Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:39 pm

Name is in the Avatar. Bertha.

Named after one of my fav GD tunes. I tried twice to give the name to our family dogs but the wife said no both times.

When I bought the bus she said I will finally to call someone in the family Bertha. It was a long time coming. :D

whc03grady Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:41 pm

"Ludwig", as in "Ludwig Camper van Beethoven".

wanderglobe Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:42 pm

Quote: When I bought the bus she said I will finally to call someone in the family Bertha. It was a long time coming.

I guess you have no children to name Bertha yet. I'm assuming your wife didn't want the dogs named Bertha only because it would be confusing to your children as well. Burtha, get in here, dinner is ready! :)

vwsurfari Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:50 pm

This is Eddie 'cause "He Will Go"
[img]http://vwsurfari.smugmug.com/gallery/529773/1/21867836[/img]

tristessa Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:58 pm

Adventurewagen wrote: Bert.

You *do* know that Bert is evil, right?

http://www.bertisevil.tv/

vwbuff Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:02 pm

Mine is "Old Honeybun ", had the name on the dash when I
bought her.The name fit at the time, but now with it's rejuvination
I will need to think on changing it.

Napoleon Resurrected Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:10 pm

My bus is called Josephine. My bug is called Napoleon so it kind of fits. My studetns call it the Stoner Bus.

[/img]http://www.angelfire.com/bug2/napoleon_resurrected/newbus1[img][/img]