TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Adding seatbelts to a mini-T IV
72lowridebuggy Mon May 01, 2006 11:59 am

I am thinking of installing seatbelts in my mini-T IV so that my wife will let me take the kids in it. I do not have a roll bar and think I should put one in if I add seatbelts (it never had any). Does anyone know if it will look stupid???

spook Mon May 01, 2006 12:37 pm

72lowridebuggy wrote: Does anyone know if it will look stupid???
lot less 'stupid' than going to a furenal

72lowridebuggy Mon May 01, 2006 5:13 pm

I am not an idiot...no seat belts...no kids.

Has anyone seen a roll bar that will not take away from the look of the buggy?

90volts Tue May 02, 2006 4:07 am

front seats? rear seats? lap belts? 3 point? what are you looking to do?

72lowridebuggy Tue May 02, 2006 4:27 am

Rear seat, 3 point. This is required by law in Canada.

90volts Tue May 02, 2006 4:42 am

not sure about the 3 point. but i guess if you have a full cage you can mount the one to it. but on mine for the rear seats there is a piece of bar mounted to the frame and up to a piece of angle iron that the rear edge of the tub crease 'rests' on. the belts are bolted to that. it also stiffens up the buggy a bit. you can see it a bit here...

72lowridebuggy Tue May 02, 2006 11:20 am

I can figure out how to do the seatbelts, it is the rol bar I am concerned with. I have never seen a buggy like mine with a roll bar. Wondering if anyone else has, if they have a picture and what they thought of how it looked.

I have seen mini T IV's with a full top, but I have no dessire to put a top on mine, just a roll bar of some time.

Any ideas for a design would be appreciated as well.

UKbillybob Sat May 13, 2006 11:40 am

Is yours on a full length pan.
I have a Berrien T that I have Simpson race belts in.
Built a frame under rear of buggy between frame horns to mount them too and another steel frame under the seat.

72lowridebuggy Sat May 13, 2006 3:02 pm

Yes...full length. I just finished welding in the new floor pans. Have to sand, prime and paint. Then on to the front axle, it won't be in for about 2 weeks.

Current front beam (Rust sucks):

My Mini T IV:

UKbillybob Sun May 14, 2006 3:07 pm

Cool looking tub, but I think you need a new beam!!