TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Looking for other Central PA VW Nuts Page: 1, 2  Next
onelowzuki Sun May 14, 2006 4:24 pm

Besides and5591 and myself, I was wondering if there was any other Vw nuts in Central PA, maybe we could start up our own club, cruise the buggies etc.

Letterman7 Sun May 14, 2006 5:59 pm

What counts as central? Harrisburg?

onelowzuki Sun May 14, 2006 6:25 pm

I am near State College but any and all around the area sounds good

WuZaBuG Tue May 16, 2006 6:15 am

I live in Dover, DE. not too far away. I know 2 others with finished buggies here but they dont go online...

Letterman7 Tue May 16, 2006 9:21 am

I'm in Downingtown, a good 3 hours from State. The Harrisburg area has the HAVOC group, they are usually at most of the shows. Are you looking for just a buggy club or VW in general?

Rick

90volts Tue May 16, 2006 9:52 am

there are a couple right outside philly. i am one of them. harrisburg isn;t out of the question.

onelowzuki Tue May 16, 2006 10:11 am

Not sure what I want to do yet, But I was just looking for a group to hit up shows with, organize our own show maybe, have a club get together/ cookouts and whatever else comes to mind. Would you guys travel a couple hours to do this type of stuff, I probably would. Whats you guys opinions about it?

andk5591 Tue May 16, 2006 11:39 am

Andy - thanks for bringing this up again - Theres got to be some around - Harrisburg is just over an hour for me - Isn't there one in Selinsgrove or something? I had emailed them once and never got a response.

Not sure what you have in mind - but even something like a picnic/cruise/get together would be cool. Depending on when, could even do it at my place. Keep me posted, The other Andy (LOL)

90volts Tue May 16, 2006 1:40 pm

i think HAVOC is the big oneout that way. I have been wanting to go to a couple of their things but haven't been able to get around to it yet. i hear they are a good group.

SMC Wed May 17, 2006 7:24 am

Looking at the Fiberglass buggy map in the sticky section look like a lot of peoples in that area. Might want to take a look at it.

onelowzuki Thu May 18, 2006 8:52 am

Ok, heres an Idea, Lets organize a campout with whatever VW nut you are here in the State College area the day before a big local show (the boalsburg show comes to mind, so does the Bellefonte Cruise) even though its not a VW show, camp and hangout the day before and the next day have the VW attendence be alot more then normal, maybe even make it a yearly thing. If that goes well we can do that at other areas also. For example maybe in June we do this In State College, July we do it in MD, August near Philly, or wherever the group decides, those are just examples. that way people are not always forced to travel, and get at least one local event. Also the people can get to travel a little and take in the local attractions ( Havoc has Hershey park)

if you are interested PM or email me with the date of your local big show and other local attractions (auto and non-auto related) and rough number of local VW people intersted and I will compile a list andpost it for everyone to decide

Letterman7 Thu May 18, 2006 9:27 am

You may get some input if you can make it to Carlisle this weekend. It's the Kit/Import show, and this year they are featuring the aircooled VW end of the hobby. There are likely to be a lot of people from central PA there; all you'd have to do is ask around to see if anyone who is there with a buggy would be interested. Last year there were a handful of Buggies; hopefully more this year.

Rick

onelowzuki Thu May 18, 2006 9:47 am

Its my birthday this weekend and my wife planned something, but I have no clue what it is, so no show for me. Is anyone else going and can spread the word?, If you can I will send you out a brief detail of what the idea is and give all my contact info with it

Letterman7 Thu May 18, 2006 11:42 am

I'll be there with my avatar - the show runs Friday through Sunday. Shoot something over and I'll print it out tonight.
Rick

kit.car Thu May 18, 2006 3:53 pm

I will be there too Sat/Sun. but buggy-less. :cry:

I pack for every kind of weather, be going for the past 12 years have seen it all.

onelowzuki Fri May 19, 2006 4:37 am

I made a flyer up in "paint"
I need your email to send it to you
Mine is [email protected]

Sorry I didn't get it to you sooner, I work Second shift

Letterman7 Sun May 21, 2006 6:08 pm

Hey Andy,
Yep, sorry about that. We were out of here by 6:30 Friday morning. Send it over anyway: [email protected] or [email protected] . Either one will work. I'll be at the Super Jam next month, so I'll bring some flyers for there.

Rick

kit.car Sun May 21, 2006 6:52 pm

kit.car wrote: I will be there too Sat/Sun. but buggy-less. :cry:

I pack for every kind of weather, be going for the past 12 years have seen it all.

Boy- That SUCKED... What a horrible turn out.

90volts Mon May 22, 2006 3:28 am

kit.car wrote:

Boy- That SUCKED... What a horrible turn out.

Which- the cars or the crowd? any pics?

onelowzuki Mon May 22, 2006 4:22 am

I sent it to your yahoo address, I will most likly be at that show too, hopefully with the buggy