TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Kellison buggy question
oldoval Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:24 am

Hi, a question for you guys that are into glass buggys, what is a Kellison t bucket looking buggy worth, I was going to build it and bought it for $600. I started gathering parts, trans ect. then had the bright idea to sit in the car. :shock: I DONT FIT, they must have built them for smaller people than myself.
SO my question is will i loose my but trying to resale or will i beable to come out ok? I am listing for sale on here in the classified section. Any ideas would be helpfull. thanks for your time JEFF

UncleBob Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:13 am

I believe any non-Manx buggy is only worth what someone else is willing to pay. The Kellison doesn't seem as desirable as a Manx or Clone. The collector appeal doesn't really apply. Plus, as you've discovered, they're built for small people.

With that said, I'd be happy to get half of your current asking price. But that's just me. If you throw in the tranny to make it a roller, and it's a known good tranny, you may get closer to what you're asking. But still, $750 is a stretch for a basket case project that needs a bunch of glass work.

You never know, though. I mean, YOU paid $600 for it, right?

gfw1985 Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:15 am

May be interested, if not too far away. It is a niche market, either you love them or don't. Looked for listing and did not find. PM or e-mail me with details. I am into Kellison's and looking for new project.
Richard

oldoval Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:24 am

WELL, im to far away, utah. Search by oldoval as a user name, or Kellison in the serch window you should beable to find it. I aggree you either like it or you dont, it kinda caught my eye. I will be lowering the price soon, so call if you like 435-590-9980 , I also have a manx clone i will throw in for free. :D

Genom Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:28 am

I agree that dune buggies in general are worth what someone is willing to pay.

The real reason I let go of my Kellison pickup years ago was that it was a little small for me as well.

gfw1985 Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:29 am

Found it. Just too far away. Shipping is a bitch!

oldoval Sun Aug 13, 2006 5:57 pm

well, I see I was asking to much, I just dropped the price. Thanks for all you help in here. Jeff

joshmeacham Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:32 pm

how tall is to tall?.....
do you still have that manx clone body?
I'd be interested in that if you think i'd fit in it ok...
is it a 'shorten pan" body?

thanks
meacham

gfw1985 Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:17 pm

If I were that close, I would buy in a heartbeat. I am 5'11", 194 lbs. My Kellison is on shortened chassis. A lot depends on seat type and placement, steering shaft length, shortened mine 6" I am running a roller gas pedal that I will change to flat pedal, will gain me 1" of leg room on right leg. But have no real problems driving as is, except for knee is close to shifter. Hope you get it.

oldoval Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:49 pm

Thanks for the reply, I just hope someone else wants it, like it was said before, it is kind of......unique looking. It is one of those things that you really like or really hate. :shock: Thanks again guys
JEFF