TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Windshield Question
MickeyUSA Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:43 am

Is there any reason I shouldn't get the Windshield from the ManxStore? I have to get some other things from there and I was thinking about shipping might be cheaper on multple items.

UncleBob Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:11 am

If you're still a ManxClub member, it may be less expensive to go through the ManxStore.

I believe they all come from Dino anyway.

MickeyUSA Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:28 am

Membership ran out in July, all things that I'm buying I can add the membership to the order and save a couple of bucks, with the discount (now that's funny).

BuggyMeister Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:55 pm

Ben Franklin said: "A penny saved is a penny earned."

Thats just my two cents :)

I bought mine directly from Dino. I had it custom made 3" taller then normal and with shipping it was still significantly cheaper then retailers I checked with. It may be cheaper to go directly to the source.

Like UncleBob said, Dino makes all the windshields anyway.

1badfrog Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:42 pm

I bought some items including a windshield from the manx store a few months ago, they want combine shipping with the windshield, it is shipped by greyhound - less breakage - good point it arrived about 3 days after ordering it, the other items took about a week longer, wish they would have shipped it all greyhound.
Bruce

eastcoastconversions Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:02 pm

I just got my windshield today from Dino, 3" chopped version. Excellent workmanship and very reasonable in price. Was shipped by FedEx clear across the country and no damage, but it was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks again to you Murzi! I appreciate you suggesting purchasing from Dino.

Later.....
Jeff

BumbleBuggy Thu Sep 21, 2006 8:16 pm

Get it from dino. Mine came perfect from fedex and it was custom from Dean for $180 total with shipping.

kit.car Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:34 am

eastcoastconversions wrote: I just got my windshield today from Dino, 3" chopped version. Excellent workmanship and very reasonable in price. Was shipped by FedEx clear across the country and no damage, but it was packaged exceptionally well.

Thanks again to you Murzi! I appreciate you suggesting purchasing from Dino.

Later.....
Jeff

What ballpark price are we talking about for frame and glass ?

bob cook Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:59 am

I just got one from Dino custom sized with shipping by fed ex $160 all the way to tennessee great workmanship quick service I had to send him money order he does'nt take credit cards but he shipped it quick

Balboaislandbob Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:41 pm

I say, call Dino directly. He's a really nice guy that keeps us all in glass.