TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Manx SR ???
aviatorjames Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:13 pm

I'm a Samba rapper in the Vanagon area now, but...

I restored this Manx SR a couple years ago!
Any other SR owners here?

This was a great project and an absolute blast to drive!!!
Really should have kept that little rascal!!!

Manx Stuff at the Free Flight Shop... www.cafepress.com/freeflight

manxsr Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:42 am

Hey Jim,
Recognize your SR from http://www.manxsr.com/.Mines in there too, toward the bottom. Also yellow and finally finished.
Jerry

Zcarnut Tue Oct 03, 2006 7:32 pm

I found a complete (but needed mechanical attention) SR-2 about 6 years ago.Bought it for $500.Had all its pieces and I even got it running.

I went to a few sites asking a few Q's like:
1) What is it?
2) Oh..Its shortened like a dune buggy..I can cut this up and convert it then...

The next day a guy emailed me and traded me even for his running and driving Manx II.

didget69 Tue Oct 03, 2006 8:25 pm

What did the SR look like that you trade for the Manx II? Where was the guy located that bought it?

BNC

manxsr Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:39 am

manxsr wrote: Hey Jim,
Recognize your SR from http://www.manxsr.com/. Mines in there too, toward the bottom. Also yellow and finally finished.
Jerry

manxsr Wed Oct 04, 2006 7:40 am

manxsr wrote: Hey Jim,
Recognize your SR from http://www.manxsr.com/. Mines in there too, toward the bottom. Also yellow and finally finished.
Jerry

aviatorjames Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:26 pm

Jerry,

I didn't realize he had put my photo of FLY MANX on the lead page!
I'm glad to see others are getting these little beasties back on the road!!
...or back in the dirt!!!

Take care..
james

Zcarnut Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:23 pm

He lived in NC somewhere south of me...But im in the Northeast part of the State.The Manx II was an older gelcoat burgendy color with a handpainted palmtree type scene on the hood (that I removed without a trace exposing more of that pretty paint).
If you go to that MANX SR link and scoll about halfway down,you will see one on a trailer in NJ. Im about 90% sure that was the car I had.It looks just like it right down to the wheels.The one with this description "SR2 owned by Dennis Kazmerowski in Morristown NJ."
That picture has been there since I had the car.

didget69 wrote: What did the SR look like that you trade for the Manx II? Where was the guy located that bought it?

BNC

coffinator Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:59 pm

i have a manx sr2. in located in oklahoma, have hade it about 4 years, paid 3k for it.

mike

Gunfighter Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:35 am

Never mind the car. What a great looking location.

aviatorjames Thu Oct 19, 2006 11:11 am

The Pidgeon Point Lighthouse on the beautiful San Mateo County coast!!
It's south of Half Moon Bay where I live.
Foggy all summer and beautiful in the spring and autumn!!

I was headed south to Santa Cruz on this fabulous spring day...
...and couldn't resist a little jaunt off the pavement for a photo opportunity!!

I thought the yellow mustard-weed looked great next to the original Canary Yellow gel-coat!!

james

Gunfighter Thu Oct 19, 2006 1:23 pm

Sure makes me homesick for the Pacific Ocean.
I grew up in Southern Cal. Carson to be exact. Just 7 miles from the beach but we didn't have coastline like you have up north.
Unfortunately I'm land locked here in Louisiana now. The gulf isn't much of a coast line when you've lived on either the east or west coast. No surf except during storms.
Nice Photo Op.

Flat4Tom Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:57 am

Hey Guys!

Saw this post, so I had to upload some pictures of my SR2. Only been restored about a year now (or is it two by now...?).

Here's a pic as a teaser.... 8)

The pictures are in the Gallery, check 'em out!

Regards,
Tom