TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New to this - I got a buggy
padams7 Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:00 am

Hello all - I am new to this, having never owned an air cooled VW, or anything before.

I've been reading the forums, and checking things out, lurking for a few weeks. But I figured I would post a link to some pictures of my Buggy. The website is owned by me, so if anyone else wants to post pictures there as well go ahead.

http://risingforceairsoft.org/DuneBuggy

It is a Manx body (I found the Meyers Manx ID tag behind a plywood support for the lid covering the battery.) I need to remove the brace to get the number, but I see the hood is a different style.

I have round headlights I will be installing, as well as trading out the seats for a lower style (I'm taller than the windshield when sitting in these seats). As well as painting it here in the near future.

Well, enjoy the pictures, I know I have enjoyed viewing all of yours thus far.

Phillip

Lo Cash John Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:32 am

Congrats!!

Be sure to visit the Florida Bug Jam on Sunday, November 12th (I think) at the Pasco County Fair Grounds. LOts of cool VW stuff to see and buy.

I'll be there for sure!

andk5591 Sat Oct 28, 2006 10:40 am

Very nice - your kid will love it as well (mine sure do)

onelowzuki Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:06 am

Fixing them up is fun, cruising in them is even better, Enjoy. If you ever have any questions we are all here to help you out.

padams7 Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:38 pm

Thanks guys - I do plan on hitting the Pasco Bug Jam out in Dade City, it's about an hour from where I am.

Iowa Mark Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:05 pm

Wow, I didn't think those late style tail lights could look any bigger on anything, but I was wrong! :shock: You've got a great start with the buggy compared to some of the can-0-worms piles some of us drag home. Welcome! :D