TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Accerator Linkage & Alternator
LanceMcKay Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:22 pm

Can anyone help me find a place to buy the accelerator linkage for a Pic-34 to use with an alternator? I don’t want to bend the linkage or grind the alternator. The VW shop manual says to replace and reverse the linkage.

Thanks

Lance

mattt Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:48 pm

All I had to do with mine was swap the bolt that holds the linkage together to a button head allen screw.

LanceMcKay Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:03 pm

Luck! Not on this one, I'd have to grind down 1/4-3/8 just to get the link to clear.

I read at www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-113-129-031-K
that the later styles carbs have delt with this problem, all except for Bocar / Brosal

mattt Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:07 pm

LanceMcKay wrote: Luck! Not on this one, I'd have to grind down 1/4-3/8 just to get the link to clear.

I read at www2.cip1.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=C24-113-129-031-K
that the later styles carbs have delt with this problem, all except for Bocar / Brosal

Mine is a Bocar. I just looked at mine, and the Alt case is clearanced a little bit. I dont know if the previous owner did that, or if they come that way. I have a very slight interference between the button head and the Alt case at full throttle. It has never stuck on me though.

LanceMcKay Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:14 pm

There is a picture in vw workshop bulletin "Modifications to fuel system" showing that the Bell Crank Lever can be replaced, relocating it from the front of the carb to the back.