TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 34 PICT 3 issues ( yeah I know flogging a dead horse right?)
scatbug Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:31 pm

Ok, so I have a 34 PICT 3 on a 1776 motor and I am having some serious issues. Daggone thing wont idle once the choke has opened up and when I hold the throttle open, the revs increase as the shot of gas from the accelerator pump goes through the system but then it starts to die off and finally stalls. I have checked the entire intake system and motor for vacuume leaks. The manifold center section is brand spankin new with new boots and new gaskets at the endcasting-cylinder head connection and the gasket atthe carb to manifold is new. I replaced all of that when I started having the issue. I have torn the carb apart completely (even though its a brand new one) soaked it over night in the parts cleaner bucket, blew out all the passage ways with compressed air and then put a rebuild kit on it, set it at the standard start settings and still no Dice. I removed it and threw on a 30 pict 2 and it runs and idles and drives. I just JB welded the dime size plug and also all of the other plugged areas ( no not the vac ports) Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!

90volts Wed Nov 29, 2006 7:39 pm

same engine size, same carb, same problem. that is if by original specs you mean setting idle at 800-900rpm. no way i could get that. ended up setting it around 1100-1200 and no problems since. it is turning into a pain because of the cold weather though. takes forver to warm up. and then cools off real quick if i stop somewhere and have to do it all over again. :x