TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Please help me ID this car
vdubmax Mon Dec 04, 2006 3:12 pm

We just picked this up and I don't know what kind it is. please help

Genom Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:02 pm

Well at the moment I can tell you what it is not... Its neither a Sandwinder, Virgil's Bush Buggy or Corsair. Each of those buggies had the two raised bars on the hood, but yours is missing the raised "crest" that was on those buggies.

Looks like you have a full set of EMPI gauges...too bad they look like they've seen better days.

60sunroof Mon Dec 04, 2006 5:01 pm

The empi guages are priceless try to save them.

vdubmax Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:44 am

bim55 Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:13 am

I want to cry over the guages, , but a very solid looking find. Good luck trying to ID it.

I have no clue, but John Shep will figure it out I bet.

Boston Bob E

HamburgerBrad Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:12 pm

in exchange for borrowing my towbar on short notice, i want that.

vdubmax Fri Dec 08, 2006 5:39 pm

I will think about it Brad

Nope

Col. Ray Sun Dec 24, 2006 3:51 pm

I recently bought a buggy project that is a dead ringer for yours, from the front. The seller told me it was a Beecraft, made for a while in Beeville, Texas. The back end of mine has been modified (cut up), so I can't compare that.

I have been scouring the net for anything about this make with no success. Yours is the first look-alike I've seen anywhere. I'll be watching with interest to see any positive ID on yours.

I'm a newbie on the Samba and as soon as I work out posting pictures, mine will be out here hoping to be identified.

Good Luck!

vdubmax Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:24 am

Col. Ray wrote: I recently bought a buggy project that is a dead ringer for yours, from the front. The seller told me it was a Beecraft, made for a while in Beeville, Texas. The back end of mine has been modified (cut up), so I can't compare that.

I have been scouring the net for anything about this make with no success. Yours is the first look-alike I've seen anywhere. I'll be watching with interest to see any positive ID on yours.

I'm a newbie on the Samba and as soon as I work out posting pictures, mine will be out here hoping to be identified.

Good Luck!
thanks