TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Missing dash light
krewe01 Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:24 pm

I have a question about the small hole on the dash that is right above the gas heater temp control on the far left side of the dash. I assume some sort of dash light was orinally there. I have looked at some pictures but can't make it out. Does anyone know what it is? from looking at other pictures it lookes like it has a red lens.

Thanks Lyle

Woreign Sun Jan 07, 2007 1:32 pm

It's just a light to let you know where the temperature control knob is in the dark...

Like you might forget...

krewe01 Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:21 pm

I have the light portion and it works. What does the lens look like. Can I still find one?

Woreign Sun Jan 07, 2007 5:32 pm

I think the lens is similar to the lens in the brake warning light. One of the POs of my Thing painted over the lens, so I'm not sure of the color. It looked to be the same shape as the brake lens. I found a red dash lens from some other car and glued it on the light base. Works fine for me...

Maybe someone else can provide a photo of what this light looks like? I'm curious now myself...

mattt Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:54 pm

If you are asking about the small red light that is above or below the know that you pull out, its a small red lens that says "def." This is located to the left of the left hand flip down dash panel on the fixed part of the body dash.