TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Template for interior panels?
VW_MAN_73 Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:20 pm

Hi. I was wondering if anyone has a template for interior panels that they would like to part with. I have a walkthru. I can pay for template and shipping. My interior is gutted. Thanks for your help. Craig.

Major Woody Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:29 pm

I have templates for the door panels, roof panels and front kicks for a 67 kombi.

VW_MAN_73 Wed Feb 14, 2007 2:40 pm

hey woody! I have a 61 standard but you have the heater vents on your kicks but I guess i could fill that in. Let me see what other people have and I'll see if I could use your. Thanks for the response. :wink:

MrBusCo Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:28 pm

it seems like people are always looking for interior panel templates.. and reasonably so. It just seems so common that people are looking for them, that there would be a file you could download. A full size drawing in a pdf or what have you would print out on normal paper and then you'd just tape them together. Just seems like someone would have already done this?

Grant Wed Feb 14, 2007 3:44 pm

This is what i need!

A CAD file would be the best thing ever right now.
At my school i can just import the cad file and the big saw will cut it out perfectly. PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

My cousin might make a cad file but i don't know how hard it is or how to do it so its on him.

VW_MAN_73 Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:30 pm

that would be great but I don't have a big printer to print it out. Autocad seems awesome though.

j.pickens Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:28 pm

I have a large format printer which can handle up to 24" height and unlimited length. If anyone wants to email me exact dimension diagrams, I'll print a set for you for free in exchange. They gotta be accurate, though.
I can tape up sections for anything exceeding the 24" limit. But you'd only have one seam, since nothing is over 48" in the shorter dimension, I believe.
PM me if anyone is interested.

VW_MAN_73 Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:50 am

yeah, I would be greatly appreciate you making templates. Let me know how much they are for a complete set for a 61 walkthru. Thanks. Craig.

superpilot Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:08 am

I like the idea of having this on some kind of cad file. As I too could get my local wood merchant to get thier machine to cut them out. some one do it I would be prepared to make a small donation :D

curtis4085 Mon May 04, 2015 8:11 pm

Anyone have a set of Major Woody's templates they would sell or loan out? I would be forever grateful. My bus is deserving of all efforts to get every aspect of its refresh correct. Please PM me if you can help!

rebapuck Mon May 04, 2015 8:19 pm

It should be a file that can be "tiled" and printed on any 8x11 paper.

curtis4085 Mon May 04, 2015 8:21 pm

rebapuck wrote: It should be a file that can be "tiled" and printed on any 8x11 paper.

Is that a suggestion or is there a file that is made and being sold/traded

Malokin Martin Mon May 04, 2015 10:17 pm

curtis4085 wrote: Anyone have a set of Major Woody's templates they would sell or loan out?

Instead of bringing this back, why don't you just pm him? He signed on yesterday.

curtis4085 Mon May 04, 2015 10:48 pm

Malokin Martin wrote: curtis4085 wrote: Anyone have a set of Major Woody's templates they would sell or loan out?

Instead of bringing this back, why don't you just pm him? He signed on yesterday.

I had that thought but out of respect since I read in earlier post he stopped making the templates I thought I would ask the forum first in hopes someone had a set they wouldn't mind loaning or selling.

Mr. Electric Wizard Wed May 06, 2015 7:19 am

Tiled templates would be awesome!
I need to do some door panels for my '66.

mandraks Wed May 06, 2015 7:41 am

it seems that the people that sell them would have templates, like Clara for example. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=942798

OG67westy Wed May 06, 2015 8:30 am

^^while that is true, it also seems like they would be undercutting their own business. I'm sure it took lots of time searching, tracing, and adjusting to compile a complete set of templates for various years/models. I considered doing this too, but given all of the variables opted not to. That said, I do have some original panels from my '67 tintop westy, including the entire ceiling...but it's only good for a template, and certainly couldn't be shipped.