TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New Custom Bug ( 56K pictures )
WickedDemon Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:01 pm

We are crossing our finger to get this car done before the Airkewld show.

1965 Bug
Custom Mods
Semaphores Posts
Rag Top
Early rear apron
Early decklid
Honeycombs tail lights
Air Ride
Chrome Suspension
Etc..

Hope you guys like this new ride.

Thanks to everyone that has help out making this project possible.
F&J Auto Body (Freddy, Jesse, Mario, Ivan), Can't thank you enough.
Lizard Motorsports (Richard aka Lizard), Thanks for the shop space and giving us a hand.
Airkewld (Pete), thanks for the easy bolt on kit. Hope to get some BAD brakes soon.:wink:

Here are some pictures

JDGas Fri Feb 16, 2007 3:11 am

Damn! I really like the color. What's the name of the color, and who's product is it? Looks good.

Airkewld Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:53 am

The infamous F & J Duo striking a pose! NIce car! I hope you get here, love to see that ride!

fifty-five Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:24 am

Sweet, I really like that color! It looks kinda like the copperhead color used on trucks for the old chevy they built. I can't wait to see some completed pics!

eastcoast63 Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:08 am

i like the car and the color......nice set off...

i wouldnt have put semaphores in it but thats just an opinion....

good luck with the finish.....

bad ass.

Ant

WickedDemon Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:48 am

industryvw wrote: Damn! I really like the color. What's the name of the color, and who's product is it? Looks good.

Is a sunset pearl mix with a lot of gold and misc metallic. The paint is from Dupont with PPG Clear.

WickedDemon Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:51 am

eastcoast57 wrote: i like the car and the color......nice set off...

i wouldnt have put semaphores in it but thats just an opinion....

good luck with the finish.....

bad ass.

Ant

The semaphores give it the custom look to the 65.

Atomic Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:51 am

That thing needs a narrowed beam. Wonder how many people will be like, Dam look at that big window with a rag top.

WickedDemon Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:35 pm

Atomic wrote: That thing needs a narrowed beam. Wonder how many people will be like, Dam look at that big window with a rag top.

The funny part the car seats on a 2" narrow beam. We are waiting to see if we get the new airkewld air bags bolt on kit with a 4 inch narrow beam.

70 140 Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:02 pm

Impressive work on the pan :)

vintagevolks Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:10 pm

Looks good, love the color. But it sure would have been alot easier to buy a original Euro ragtop.

Skim Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:21 pm

Damn them posts are skinny, how did you manage to squeeze them semaphores in there? You got any close ups of the semaphore posts?

WickedDemon Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:56 pm

Skim wrote: Damn them posts are skinny, how did you manage to squeeze them semaphores in there? You got any close ups of the semaphore posts?

I will post some pictures tomorrow. The look like if they belong in the 65 :o

WickedDemon Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Skim wrote: Damn them posts are skinny, how did you manage to squeeze them semaphores in there? You got any close ups of the semaphore posts?

Here you go Skim...

Remember the car is not color sanded..

B-ROD Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:32 am

that is one sweet bug!!cant wait to see it all together!!

WickedDemon Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:53 am

The car was debut at the Classic at the Airkewld booth. Thanks for everyone that was there give us compliments and the people who voted. The car was missing the motor and the door windows but still manage to take 3rd place in the Full Custom cat.

Here is a picture..