TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Sander Gielen
oldbarnvws Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:21 am

buyers beware of sander gielen - fake cabriolet
check this link:

http://buscarros.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album55

check this also ..

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=414838

how can you trust a guy when he tries to sell you a fake karmann cabriolet ?

EverettB Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:52 am

You should probably explain how you are determining it is fake.

iowegian Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:29 am

Is it possible that the author of this thread is confusing "Karmann"
with "Karmann Ghia"?? :?

bugninva Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:34 am

iowegian wrote: Is it possible that the author of this thread is confusing "Karmann"
with "Karmann Ghia"?? :?
i'd assume the OP doesn't realize that the Karmann factory built the convertibles....

Ace Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:54 pm

Um, he's right. Look at the top of the windshield and the doors and quarters aren't high enough. Wierd non karmann supports under the rear seat. Standard door panels. Lack of support wedge in door jam. Wing window support not normal. Lack of dome switch. ALl side windows are way to big for a 62 and even look to big compared to 65+ years.

splitpartsunlimited Sat Feb 17, 2007 4:44 pm

Everett: the car has been converted in Argentina , the company that did such atrocities was located in the San Martin/Villa Lynch area , few miles far away from my house , back in 1989 the workshop owner contacted me requesting info about the convertible top and windows mechanisms and i have supplied him with all the exploding views , diagrams and tech manuals .

his first victim was his own post aug 1957 hardtop , he also went to the argentine "dmv" (registro del automotor) and had the "pink slip" (cedula verde y titulo del automotor) modified with the "CABRIOLET" words ....

i have seen that very same car for sale as an authentic cabrio almost a year ago at a local auto dealer ......

he destroyed another 16 cars , from 1958 to 1962 german and 1981 brazilian cars ....

he never worried about using non correct cabrio parts or leaving the vent windows fixed in place ala "bmw 1988 cabriolet" style ...., he also welded the pan with the body to increase the structural strenght ....

we was lucky enough to sell as many as he destroyed ....

i still think that the seller should know what is he selling ....no matter what he sells , he should know the details , and so he should know that such car IS NOT A GENUINE CABRIO....HE SHOULD NOT HAVE REPLACED THE DECK LID FOR A SEDAN ONE TO MAKE IT LOOK MORE GERMAN AND TO GET THE BUYERS CONFUSED .......HE SHOULD HAVE LEFT THE BRAZILIAN POST 68 LOUVERED DECK LID ....THE SAME ONE THAT WAS ON THE CAR WHEN IT LEFT THE SLAUGHTERHOUSE...

70 140 Sat Feb 17, 2007 6:35 pm

Wow. Thats bad :shock:

Gerson Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:56 am

they "chop" regular sedans into convertibles all over South America, they started doing it here in Colombia a couple of years ago...they make imitation "hebs" in Uruguay, etc.etc....the problem with Sander is that he does not know jack shit about cars, he is not a car guy, let alone a VW guy, all he knows is that certain models are commanding descent money in certain countries around the world...he is on a "scorched earth" campaign, he will try to sell whatever he thinks can make him a bit of money, he takes pics of the cars in question on the street, and lists them on his website as being for sale, the real owner of the car has no idea of what's going on.....he has been at it here in Colombia for a couple of years, he just went through his BD bus phase, I guess he is into the Argentinian split window thing now.......

splitpartsunlimited Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:35 pm

the problem with Sander is that he does not know jack shit about cars, he is not a car guy%%%%%%%%%%%% SO IF HE`S NOT A CAR GUY , WHY IS HE SELLING CARS ??? %%%%%%%%%%

, let alone a VW guy, all he knows is that certain models are commanding descent money in certain countries around the world...he is on a "scorched earth" campaign, he will try to sell whatever he thinks can make him a bit of money%%%%%%%%%%%%% DID HE EVER TRY WITH COCA ?? :wink: I BELIEVE IT`S A BETTER BUSINESS THAN VW`S , PLUS HE`S IN COLOMBIA RIGHT NOW ISN`T HE ???? %%%%%%%%%%%,

he takes pics of the cars in question on the street, and lists them on his website as being for sale, the real owner of the car has no idea of what's going on.....he has been at it here in Colombia for a couple of years, he just went through his BD bus phase, I guess he is into the Argentinian split window thing now.......%%%%%%%%%% NO COMMENTS %%%%%%%%%

Richard Roth Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:56 pm

Did anyone notice that there are ZERO vents to let cooling air into the engine compartment ?
:shock:

Gerson Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:09 am

Actually he's in your backyard (argentina) right now, doing the same thing he did here in Colombia.....and yes, he's not a car guy, or a VW guy, he will sell whatever he can get his hands on, be it cars, coffee, etc.etc.(I do not know about coca, like you say), maybe you should ask him about that one, like I said, he's in argentina right now :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

splitpartsunlimited Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:31 am

Actually he's in your backyard (argentina) right now, doing the same thing he did here in Colombia.....and yes, he's not a car guy, or a VW guy, he will sell whatever he can get his hands on, be it cars, coffee, etc.etc.(I do not know about coca, like you say), maybe you should ask him about that one, like I said, he's in argentina right now
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

no , none of my hobbies involves coca as part of them :P , the vw arena is far more creative than this ...much , much safer either :lol:

knowing Argentina people a lot , if someone finds an unauthorized picture of his car at that sales web site , this dutch guy will get his butt severely damaged .........

he`s not doing the things in a right way .

i know the grey/blue split owner , i have just need to find his phone number to ask him about his car ....

splitpartsunlimited Tue Feb 20, 2007 6:27 am

Section... Type 2/Bus - 1949-67
Title..... dont buy barndoors from sander gielen
Price..... 13500 euro
Name...... johan thys
EMail..... [email protected]
Phone#.... 00323495330933
Location.. antwerp, belguim, Belgium
Description:
hello, to all people who wants to buy a barndoor from sander gielen in colombia
Please don't buy his cars because they all are in a terible condition .Ready to take apart .
I bought severall barndoors from him in a lot and not one came whit the right paperwork. He takes out all chasisnr and id plates and puts others in from other cars so you want be able to get them on the road .
All cars had a ruff live and has had many accidents . He will only take pictures from the good parts .
i recived the first 2 cars and they where totaly wrecks not one part was good
i told him the cars where not like he said and i said i didn't whan't wrecks like this
because off some cars he said they where really good .I allready paid him for 4 cars and it took 7 months to get the first 2 in belgium .
After the first 2 cars i told him i didn't want any other cars from him because they
where not like he said and the paperwork was not correct .I asked my money back and he said or you buy all 6 wrecks or you loose the money from the other cars .
Please i wan't to warn you all don't do busines whit him he is a rotten croeck .
and he will not give you what he said.

greets johan