TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Ancient age treasures
VWRESTORATION Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:17 am

I recently come across a treasure trove.visited a new friends shop and in the back he has 6 complete buggie kits.they are in excellent shape and have all the needs except the donor car and maybe wiring.they have the big flake bodies,in 3or 4 colours.and look similiar to the pebbles and bam-bam show rig.wow-z-wow-wow.kidding aside they have rag tops and the bodies look awesome.these are amongst a treasure trove of parts.they are 70's era bug bodies i am sure.his father left these to him in estate.any ideas?

Letterman7 Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:46 am

For what? Selling them? Restoring them?

Dunebubby Mon Feb 19, 2007 9:52 am

I have an idea.....

PICTURES! :shock:

rogue7573 Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:29 am

id love some info on one of the rag tops, im almost done with my buggy and im looking for some top ideas.

90volts Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:36 am

manufacturer tags on the bodies so you can tell what they are? maybe get a few grand just for a body. if you mean selling them and not building them.

247vws Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:46 am

VWRESTORATION wrote: I recently come across a treasure trove.visited a new friends shop and in the back he has 6 complete buggie kits.they are in excellent shape and have all the needs except the donor car and maybe wiring.they have the big flake bodies,in 3or 4 colours.and look similiar to the pebbles and bam-bam show rig.wow-z-wow-wow.kidding aside they have rag tops and the bodies look awesome.these are amongst a treasure trove of parts.they are 70's era bug bodies i am sure.his father left these to him in estate.any ideas?

To give you an idea of what I paid for my NOS metalflake buggy kit with side pods and the top and doors, $680.00

The son of the original owner from 1968 listed the kit with bumpers seats gauges and everything NOS in plastic on ebay and I bought it.

It is all a matter of what the market will bring on any given day.
To the world at large these cars and kits have NO value.
To an enthusists they might be priceless.

My advice to him is build a fleet for his own family to honor his father's memory. The fun he will get will be worth more than any auction value.

Good luck and go snap some digital pics.....we ALL would love to seem some flake posted up here to drool over!
Good Luck,
John Shepard

JeffT Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:20 pm

Yes,yes, pictures good! We all drool over..Yes my prettys :P