TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Lets see your exhuasts buggy owners Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
buggyblues Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:57 pm

okay looking for opinions and pics of your exhausts after a couple years of slack from friends for my loud, loss of horsepower exhaust but I really like the look of it. but anyway I figured I start a new thread.

Oh yea and I have a cage on my engine. so choices are a little limited

kelroy Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:38 am

Here is mine. PO installed these loud but I like them

EMPIImp69 Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:00 am

Buggyblues what are those little mini red lights on the back of your cage? Are those just for towing? If so I was thinking of doing something like that in the rear of my buggy for when I tow it. Those are dual-filament motorcycle signal lights correct,?I have the amber ones just like them on the front of my buggy.

mr_bill Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:14 am

This is the ceramic coated Sidewinder exhaust that the Manx Club sells....Been on my Manx for about 4 years now...very happy with it !!!

manxdavid Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:19 am

I like and am very happy with the Manx Sidewinder too. Mine's the newer version with the muffler welded to the header...

Endoboy Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:52 am

manxdavid wrote: I like and am very happy with the Manx Sidewinder too. Mine's the newer version with the muffler welded to the header...

Do they make those with compatability with heater boxes? I like my heat.

Mark

manxdavid Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:56 am

No, no-heat only I'm afraid.

Best system for heat is a Baja style 4 into 1 with a quiet pack muffler, in my opinion...

buggyblues Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:18 pm

yes they are dual-filament motorcycle signal lights. I don't use them for towing They are my brake and parking lights as I needed to move my liscense plate when I had my weber progressive on and I came across the cage with this already on and liked it so I bought new signals when I went to a bike show last year.

Endoboy Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:57 pm

manxdavid wrote: No, no-heat only I'm afraid.

Best system for heat is a Baja style 4 into 1 with a quiet pack muffler, in my opinion...

Cool, thanks. I'll check it out when mine dies.

dunebuggydrifter Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:53 pm

Here is what I went with, its an empi exhaust with a custom license plate mount.

clonebug Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:11 pm

4 into 1 with a Supertrapp.

Pick your noise level or powerband.

Put only 4 baffles in and it is whisper quiet
Put in fifteen baffles and it is quiet at cruize but noticeable at full throttle.
Put an open end on it and it is noticeable at cruize and attention getting at full throttle. :lol: :lol:

Clonebug

Elwood Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:38 pm

I kinda like the Sidewinder. Seems as though the one with the removeable muffler section would ge a great start for a turbo setup too.

How much do those usually run ?

JRADAMO Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:20 pm

I'm new w/ all this .....here's mine ...I guess its just standard pipes...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/JRADAMO/DSC01032.jpg

lostinbaja Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:45 am

Here is my original chrome Sidwinder with a stainless Camco-Fab muffler fitted with a 4" Super Trapp. I had to have a spark arrester to get the buggy into Silver Lake Dunes.

Jerry...

Dingleweed Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:31 am

Here's a couple of pics of an Empi dual cannon setup:

During engine assembly...

I put the baffles in and broke in the cam with these pipes and it was way too loud for my taste... (my ears were ringing after a few minutes of breaking in the cam at 2500 to 3000 rpm with no load). Also, after 1/2 an hour, the chrome had already blued/yellowed as you can see a bit in this picture:

So, I have put on my old and restrictive 1-1/4" black tri-mil. I really don't like the looks of the flat black piping.

Once my "fun money" account rebuilds itself a bit I will be getting a ceramic coated 1-5/8" tri-mil exhaust with muffler. :D

247vws Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:41 am

Hey guys,
Wouldn't it be cool if we could get a short video with sound at idle on each style exhaust.

I would host the video at the Archives aite so new buggy builders could hear before they buy!

I run no baffle dual chrome cannons. They sound like Cannons.

What do you guys think?

John

dirtbug Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 pm

Where can I get a sidewinder exhaust? Have not been able to locate one

Dingleweed Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:31 pm

dirtbug wrote: Where can I get a sidewinder exhaust? Have not been able to locate one

As far as I know, you can only buy them through the Manx Club
http://www.meyersmanx.com/mmstore/store-exhaust.shtml

Dingleweed Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:35 pm

247vws wrote: Hey guys,
Wouldn't it be cool if we could get a short video with sound at idle on each style exhaust.

I would host the video at the Archives aite so new buggy builders could hear before they buy!

I run no baffle dual chrome cannons. They sound like Cannons.

What do you guys think?

John

that would be very cool! Unfortunately I don't own a camera with sound... :cry:

72lowridebuggy Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:22 pm

I think the video with sound idea is great...I will contribute if you get it going...(once I have my engine built so I can put an exhaust on it)