TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My Thing is sold
radioman Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:37 am

I have sold my 73 Thing for the asking price. Thanks to Kmann for posting my ad (I didn't know how :oops: ) I had six legitimate and very interested responses, The first agreed to the price, I provided additional pictures and agreed to bring the car part of the way to Florida. But she backed out...a most unpleasant experience. I am glad now because she was not capable of maintaining a 34 year old Thing. The second buyer did buy. He also was from Florida but plans to move to Sparta, NC in the future, so my car will remain in the Carolinas. Additionally,I had two calls from Virginia, one from NC and one from SC, all too late after the deal had been set. My car really was in excellent condition, largely original, complete and priced fairly at $9K. Yes, I did lose money when compared to what I had invested. But I had a great time working on it for five years. Thanks to all of you who so generously assisted me with good advice and "fixes" over the years. What a great place "The Samba" is. :D
Thanks again. Bill

Captain Spalding Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:52 am

I'm happy and sad for you at the same time. . . . :) :cry: I hope you'll check in from time to time. . .

amishman Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:23 am

Actually, I am kind of sad to see you sell darn it... Did not even know it was for sale actually. You were one of the staples here on Thing ownership and I thought you would have this Thing forever. :(

So, what are your plans now for soaking up all your money and time. :lol:

Have fun with whatever you end up tinkering with.

tj

ztnoo Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:20 am

Congratulations!
btw, the ad is still in Classifieds.....

radioman Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:16 am

Thanks guys. I will miss you all. But I will lurk about abit and pop in with my thoughts! I too never expected to sell the car. But things change; I just turned 64 and my body won't let me do some things I used to enjoy! Also I needed the money to pay off my truck. After much consideration, it seemed like the thing (sorry :shock: ) to do. I won't go far...I have too many friends here! I have emailed Kman to take the ad down but I think he is out of town...but will take it when he returns. BTW, The Samba was the only place I ran an ad. Bill aka radioman. :)