TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New way to mount your rear seats
scarybuggy Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:31 am

I couldn't help but get a laugh from this one.... check the description.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/New-Dune-Buggy-Back...dZViewItem

"Velcro or glue these seat cushions to your buggy body...."!!?? Why don't they just call them "ejection seats"! :shock:

GetPsycho Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:44 am

What, your dont plan to use velcro on your seats : :D ?
Would make them easy to remove for cleaning :wink: .

--Psycho--

Yellermanx Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:40 am

I think it is just the cushion. No seat frame/structure. Still wouldn't be a good idea.

bugvert Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:01 am

I agree they should be bolted down, but a set seat belts are what keep you from getting ejected not the seats.

They look pretty good though. They kinda look like thier from a riding mower. 8)

scarybuggy Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:32 am

Quote: I agree they should be bolted down, but a set seat belts are what keep you from getting ejected not the seats.

Good point. Since I'd be velcroing the seats down, I should probably super-glue the seat belts in for added strength! :lol:

Dunebubby Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:45 am

scarybuggy wrote: Quote: I agree they should be bolted down, but a set seat belts are what keep you from getting ejected not the seats.

Good point. Since I'd be velcroing the seats down, I should probably super-glue the seat belts in for added strength! :lol:

Friggin' amateurs! I'm going with the same bullet proof "solution" I went with "Body to pan".

JB Weld! Chyaa... :shock:

"We don't need no stinkin' bolts" :P

Jimmler Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:18 am

Where's FLABOYJIM? Maybe he could get you a deal on some John Deere seats...... :D