TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: now you can take your square camping!
TheDDB Sat May 12, 2007 11:12 am

Here is a new product we are offering:
http://www.theddb.com/Campingstruts.html

Lots of pictures so it might take a bit to load....

not exactly camping hinges..but....
Since it was going to cost more than expected to reproduce them, these were developed.
They will work with both early and late cars.
Hope you like!

Mike Fisher Sat May 12, 2007 11:55 am

Very Nice, Martin! I think I'm up for a set!

jaransonT3 Sat May 12, 2007 2:14 pm

Nice job guys. Nice and simple. Almost seems like something VW would have done back in the day.

One question.....does the modified hinge end up sitting on the front seat cushion upholstery? Looks like it might and I would be concerned about it cutting/puncturing the vinyl.

Maybe a little plastic cover or something could be supplied to make it a more friendly surface for the vinyl.

Just curious.

I might need a set once I get my new 69 Square on the road.

TheDDB Sat May 12, 2007 2:18 pm

jaransonT3 wrote: Nice job guys. Nice and simple. Almost seems like something VW would have done back in the day.

One question.....does the modified hinge end up sitting on the front seat cushion upholstery? Looks like it might and I would be concerned about it cutting/puncturing the vinyl.

Maybe a little plastic cover or something could be supplied to make it a more friendly surface for the vinyl.

I will see about that...

ok...
it doesnt touch the seat, as the bottom is supported , the hinge isnt touching the seat.

jaransonT3 Sat May 12, 2007 2:21 pm

TheDDB wrote: jaransonT3 wrote: Nice job guys. Nice and simple. Almost seems like something VW would have done back in the day.

I will see about that...

OK I think I am seeing things....did you modifiy this post in the time it took me to click on reply? :D Or did you see that I was asking about something different. <G>

TheDDB Sat May 12, 2007 2:23 pm

I did change it...
Once ken brings his car around I can re-check.
His car has the kit installed :roll:

'71 square Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:13 pm

i was looking for the camping hinge repros but i came up on this thread. the website listed doesnt work anymore. anyone got pictures?

Air_Cooled_Nut Thu Aug 11, 2016 6:31 pm

For future conversation please see http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=240185

EverettB Thu Aug 11, 2016 10:23 pm

Locking this since both threads are really old and the other one can continue.