TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Seats from Rich Murray?
bradnailer Fri May 18, 2007 11:21 am

I was reading some old posts about a few people here installing seats that they purchased from him.

I see hes still selling them (on ebay). edit: I've just been informed thats hes selling them here on Samba

I'd be interested in seeing any pics on how they look installed!

I am hoping for a more lower seated position. I still have to decide if low back is the way I want to go though too...

Thanks!

Zcarnut Fri May 18, 2007 12:17 pm

I just got mine a couple weeks ago and have "test fitted", but havent bolted them in yet.
They are the perfect height right out of the box for my buggy (with a 2 1/2" body lift)
Nice seats!

You can make them lower pretty easily.I just didnt need to.

bradnailer Fri May 18, 2007 12:56 pm

If anyone has a pic or two to post of them in your buggy, that would be great too!!

Zcarnut Fri May 18, 2007 1:04 pm

The white/yellow buggy in his ad is a guy I know who lives nearby.
He lowered his seats a bit,retained the sliders, and that car is stock height.
The seats are fat but have pretty narrow tracks and wont "rub" the inside of the body like alot of seats in buggies.No tight fits here!
Sorry for ranting..Im just very happy with them!

My only reget is they are cloth.id prefer somthing more all weather.
Neoprene seat covers here i come.....

Zcarnut Fri May 18, 2007 1:17 pm

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=393146

Theres like three in his ad now with them mounted.

bradnailer Fri May 18, 2007 1:19 pm

I didn't know he had an ad here on Samba...thanks

HamburgerBrad Fri May 18, 2007 1:22 pm

not exactly fiberglass... but these are the same seats. i got them through another source for a much, much better price. it's just a shame that source has been cut off. those were comfy seats

Zcarnut Fri May 18, 2007 1:30 pm

No prob.
Wow..Better price than that? I know he went up $25.00 and I dragged my feet missing out,but I thought that was reasonable considering it was shipped for that $$$. I was looking at $100 for a pair of good tracks (plus shipping) and still would have to seat hunt.
He did tell me that he could sell cheaper if I wanted more,
but I didnt ask how much....

HamburgerBrad Fri May 18, 2007 1:41 pm

$5 each :wink:

Zcarnut Fri May 18, 2007 1:42 pm

5 bucks eh?
They must have fell out of a truck :wink:
Either that or someone needed a hit of crack REAL BAD.

How well do they wear? How long have you had them?
I used to have a 4 seater rail similar to yours.

Fireguy Fri May 18, 2007 2:26 pm

HamburgerBrad wrote: not exactly fiberglass... but these are the same seats. i got them through another source for a much, much better price. it's just a shame that source has been cut off. those were comfy seats

Damn Brad, that's a nice rail.

HamburgerBrad Fri May 18, 2007 2:29 pm

i sold it to buy my 53. but my dad has a set of similar seats in his rail and they've been holding up quite well

bpritchert87 Fri May 18, 2007 8:29 pm

up at bugfest union grove wisconsin my buddies got em for about 25 bucks a seat i believe but that was a few years ago... and since then the popularity has rose and he is asking for more... i went to his house once to get more.. and he had a yellow late model bug that he was going to redo someday... elgin is a short jump from where i live...

so far so good.... i just wish that i would have bought them at that price but at that point i didnt have a buggy.... :cry: :cry: but that changed :D :D and i am still to this day working on it... i demand the best out of my self therefore i must have a great looking/working buggy......

srry didnt mean to ramble on but ya these seats are nice... i believe that he has a contact that he gets them through for cheap... they are the manufactures.... i believe its an upostelry shop... near his house (but not sure on that)

but i say go for um.... great price, last a while, they fit nice, and they are comfy....