TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Progress of my 66'..(added turbo and wheels)
Slategrey66 Wed May 23, 2007 3:35 pm

here's some pictures of it sitting at the bodyshop almost ready to come home. let me know what you think.

[/img]

HopperGrass Wed May 23, 2007 3:47 pm

That looks great. I've only recently started working on the pan-off resto of my '66. Just replaced the floor pans. Working on the front end now.

I was actually thinking of doing a dark, metallic, graphite looking gray when it comes time to paint. Do you have a name or paint code for that color?

Keep us posted. I look forward to seeing your progress.

-Nathan

Slategrey66 Wed May 23, 2007 5:18 pm

Its the slate grey metallic from the new 911's, caymans, and boxsters, i saw it on a new cayman on the porsche lot, and i thought it would look sweet on my car, im pretty happy with the outcome so far. it still has a little work left in the bodyshop.

senseless1807 Wed May 23, 2007 10:38 pm

looks awesome so far! Love the paint color!

Grifter Fri May 25, 2007 6:09 am

The car looks great!

But the crooked photos are making me dizzy

Slategrey66 Sun May 27, 2007 8:54 pm

here's the latest adds, just got my new complete wireharness kit, all new moldings, window rubber w/ crome, pop out windows, porsche boxster wheels, with porsche drums, and a garrett turbo to go with my 1915. click on it if it seems fuzzy so you can see it a little bigger.

DONGKG Sun May 27, 2007 9:01 pm

lifted03frontier wrote: here's some pictures of it sitting at the bodyshop almost ready to come home. let me know what you think.

[/img]

Great project. What color is that? Will that be a future, cal-look, resto-custom, stocker, German-look, or otherwise?

Slategrey66 Sun May 27, 2007 9:05 pm

well i dont know exactly, i went for a newer porsche color (slate grey metallic), but i will be putting everything original back on vented windows, crome window moldings, crome side moldings, stock interior, but i will have porsche brakes and porsche wheels. i have 2 15x8 fuchs sitting in my garage also, but i need to come up on 2 more for the front and have them refinished, so i could kinda have both styles of wheels.

rusty57 Sun May 27, 2007 9:08 pm

Check this out. I always liked that color and wheels.

Slategrey66 Sun May 27, 2007 9:12 pm

sweet picture.. that looks like it will be a good combo and i still have the option of my fuchs

DONGKG Sun May 27, 2007 9:14 pm

lifted03frontier wrote: well i dont know exactly, i went for a newer porsche color (slate grey metallic), but i will be putting everything original back on vented windows, crome window moldings, crome side moldings, stock interior, but i will have porsche brakes and porsche wheels. i have 2 15x8 fuchs sitting in my garage also, but i need to come up on 2 more for the front and have them refinished, so i could kinda have both styles of wheels.
You are on the right fashion, man. With the Porsche brakes, I quess you are going to the German-Look side. well, that is only an opinion. Nice ride, really. :D

DONGKG Sun May 27, 2007 9:17 pm

rusty57 wrote: Check this out. I always liked that color and wheels.

I have a 1302s. And my plan is the German-Look. Those wheels are great on my 1302s. But, I'll settle for the Fuchs in the Future. Great cabrio!

Slategrey66 Sun May 27, 2007 11:29 pm

lifted03frontier wrote: here's the latest adds, just got my new complete wireharness kit, all new moldings, window rubber w/ crome, pop out windows, porsche boxster wheels, with porsche drums, and a garrett turbo to go with my 1915. click on it if it seems fuzzy so you can see it a little bigger.

here some before pics of the teardown..

sixfootdan Sun May 27, 2007 11:38 pm

Looks like you started out with a really cherry body.

AJ Quick Thu May 31, 2007 11:48 am

I love that color.

Those are the wheels I want as well. You'll have the german look down!