TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New Project '72 Super Beetle
Speedcult Sat May 26, 2007 2:46 pm

Brief intro here. Got into cars at an early age, fell in love with anything that was custom (or different - like my Jeep Fleetvan :) ). Grew up around american muscle, found I loved Imports more and have since owned 5 Honda/Acuras. But it never was enough. I've owned mini-trucks and 4x4's as well. I never got into Bugs though, until I ran out of projects and found this (I apologize now for the poor camera pics)...

Poor thing was a basket case (most of the parts were really in baskets in the back). Not sure where the person was going with this before, but you can see the coilovers in the rear and the poly seats. No rear seat. I know nothing about VW's and hope to learn alot from Samba. First day I brought it home, it tried to squish me.... it shifted out of gear while on the trailer causing the trailer to roll into my leg. Then it bit me. Opening the hood to show my neighbor, it came back down suddenly catching my hand. What happened to "Love Bug"? So far it acts like my wife LOL, just kidding.

Anyway, hope to get this bug ready for some shows next year and can use all the help I can.

Skim Sat May 26, 2007 4:55 pm

Speedcult wrote: First day I brought it home, it tried to squish me.... it shifted out of gear while on the trailer causing the trailer to roll into my leg. Then it bit me.

Its hungry.

Speedcult Sun May 27, 2007 4:53 pm

That's comforting knowing that I have to crawl under it :D