TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Zombi Kombi
Mike1973 Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:31 am

Just a few pics of the Kombi taken outside where I work...

mynameismud Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:11 am

you're an undertaker?

gostros Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:47 am

sweet pics 8)

der58SC Fri Jun 01, 2007 8:51 am

sick pics man. I wish we had a cemetary around here like that. I would do the same thing.

Mike1973 Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Southampton Old Cemetery... 27 acres of wonderfully run down and delapidated gothic monuments and memorials... The Victorians were really into making sure they were remembered after death :shock:
Opened in 1846, but pretty much full by the early 1900's. There are still a few burials each year in old family plots. The place is pretty much overgrown now, and more of a wildlife area than a graveyard...

http://www.thejacobs.free-online.co.uk/FoSOC/fosocinterest.htm

I work for a design company as an illustrator, and our studio is in the old Mortuary Chapel inside the cemetery. We love the place so much we rebranded the company when we moved in...

www.ichapel.co.uk/aboutus

rusty57 Fri Jun 01, 2007 2:55 pm

You need to get you hands on a vw hearse. That would look pretty neat in that environment. perhaps a fleet of them for your business.

Skim Fri Jun 01, 2007 7:37 pm

Mike1973 wrote: Just a few pics of the Kombi taken outside where I work...

Thats a sweet pic

Mike1973 Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:00 am

A few more pics by Phil Osborne, our photographer here at work. (he's taken all the pics in this thread)

Had to do a photo shoot of a house and needed to get some elevated shots, and Phil's step ladder wasn't high enough. I bought the Kombi in and we stuck the ladder on top of the rack.
He took these shots on the way back to the studio...

Mike1973 Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:29 am

A few more pics Phil took of the Kombi earlier this year...

The Lodge Gates into the cemetery...

The converted chapel we work in...

TeamSpatula Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:24 am

Awesome pics for sure! Even the trees look creepy!
:)

NOTAHONDA Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:07 am

Thats a very awesome and creppy pic! :shock:

Nico86 Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:11 am

Great pics, and nice combi !

Mike1973 Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:46 am

Curiosity made me try a set of these on these at the weekend...

Really just a tip of the hat to it's Australian roots. I quite like them, but admit they are pretty fugly....

barrysmith Mon Nov 05, 2007 10:08 am

Mike1973 wrote: Curiosity made me try a set of these on these at the weekend...

Really just a tip of the hat to it's Australian roots. I quite like them, but admit they are pretty fugly....
your Bus looks better without the roo bar............maybe it's for a Bay.
love those pics

TeamSpatula Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:34 pm

barrysmith wrote: Mike1973 wrote: Curiosity made me try a set of these on these at the weekend...
your Bus looks better without the roo bar............maybe it's for a Bay.
love those pics
yeah - I agree - sell that to a bay window person, and save up for a Hurst for your bus if you really want something like that.