TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Pink Slips
TomF Mon Jun 18, 2007 4:20 pm

I'm thinking about importing a split to the UK, and I read that you need the title/pink for US Customs to let it out of the country (and also proof of what the car actually is). The guy has lost the pink but has an application for a pink. Will that be ok?
Cheers

Roadcow Mon Jun 18, 2007 10:48 pm

If it's his car and it really is in his name have him apply and actually get another pink for the car. That way you are covered.

Jago Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:41 am

Hi,
we are in a similar situation and have been told that if a vehicle is loaded without a pink slip and bill of sale, then it can be classed as stolen and seized at customs. I found out that there was an outstanding loan in the original state of registration but it can be paid and proved (THOUGH TIMELY) in order to get another pink slip. The people whom i am buying off can pursue another oute in their own state whereby they have to satisfy the US equilavent of the DVLA that they own the van (lots of proof paperwork etc) then if the official agrees beyond reasonable doubt , they get you to sign an affidavit. Then you can apply for a pink slip. Basicall the pink slip is a V5 without it no ownership can be implied.
Two potential avenues there for you!

Jago Tue Jul 17, 2007 12:42 am

Oh just to mention that your seller does all of this not you!

juanjvaladez Sun Jul 22, 2007 5:24 pm

No pinky, no buyi. :lol: