TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: street leagal full frame buggy.
jeff denham Sun Jun 24, 2007 4:17 pm

hi guys just wondering what you have doen about regisering a full frame with body panels no fenders in calif. i know your supposed to have your usual wind shiled and wipers head lightes probely horn rear lightes mirriores. i have heard that fenders dont have to be if the buggy is a certan wight? is this true. i have had my buggy for qwit a few years now it was a drag buggy for most of its life and i would like to use it on the street slowey of coares. hopfuly there are alot of noligible buggy guys out there that can help me out with some info is this even possible? i see in other states alot of full frame buggys but not alot hear i would think this would be safer than a manx stly buggy. i have had the glass buggys before there very cool indeed. i apriesate it very much. jeff d. :wink:

welsh619 Sun Jun 24, 2007 5:08 pm

I wish i could help you with ca laws but i would just be guessing. What i can say is that any dmv will be able to tell you the exact laws and probably have some reading material for ya. Next, and im not trying to offend you in any way, but did you know that you really cant spell... You should trying typing your posts into word or a similar program with spell check to see what you get, then just cut and paste them to the board. Just call or go to your local dmv, or get a bug title and register your car as a bug and see how long you get away without fenders, take care.

jeff denham Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:24 pm

thanks for your responce. yea i know that i cant spell that good thanks for that. you have a good one. jeff d.